No announcement yet.

Sam Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone please explain why leo and rod black are still calling basketball games?? these guys are two of the most boring out of touch announcers possibly in the entire NBA. Jack Armstrong is ok in my books "Get that garbage outta here" and "Hellooo" are two of my favourite lines from him. Matt Devlin is not bad either but his voice can be annoying when he gets excited.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      That's not really an excuse. I'm sure he'd much rather be a head coach than some analyst. He has the right to leave ESPN if the opportunity arises.
      You talk about TV biz. You gotta buy out before you get out :-)

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        That's not really an excuse. I'm sure he'd much rather be a head coach than some analyst. He has the right to leave ESPN if the opportunity arises.
        exactly, when i said unemployed i was talking about in the NBA as a HEADCOACH
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Bring back Chuck Swirsky!!! onions baby onions!

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the addition of Smitch is a nice change of pace.

After watching Raptors basketball for 18 years, there is nothing Rod or Leo can tell me that they haven't said a million times already.

Comment

Sam is great. He will make the games more entertaining. I like him and he has a lot of experience as coach and as a player in the league.

Comment

Whenever I think of Sam Mitchell, I think of the legendary RealGM "MS Paint Sam a Playbook" thread.

Comment

Sam is fantastic. Great addition to an otherwise likely to be painful season.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Sam is fantastic. Great addition to an otherwise likely to be painful season.
                    LOL one game in with a W too soon Craig too soon lol.

Comment

The addition of Sam Mitchell is an upgrade for sure, but what disappoints me is the fact that early Raptors broadcasts had guys like Doc Rivers and Rick Barry. These were guys with NBA credibility, and then it seemed to go downwards from there - to guys like Brian Heaney (coach for Acadia Axemen 1000 yrs ago), Leo Rautins (NBA cup of coffee, eons ago), Jack Armstrong (NCAA coach for Niagara - who?? wtf??). I mean Jack isn't even Canadian, if that was the angle. To me, it felt like I was getting a few more nuggets of 'insider' type information from Rivers and Barry, than generic X/O basketball theory from Jack/Brian/Leo. My guess is they probably went that way to save money. I'd love to hear Charles Oakley as a color commentator with no censor. That man knows basketball and speaks the truth.

Comment

Would be nice of Dan Shulman would come back to the motherland

Comment

Working...
                        X