Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Hoping the offense sparks to what it was during pre season the front court has their work cut out for them in Milsap and Horford, also Teague is a beast. Dont see any reason for DeMar and Rudy to really have much of a tough time should get things easier tonight.

Hopefully Milsap doesnt hit a 3 on us to win the game anytime we play against that dude he hits some ridiculous clutch shots though hes an A-typical 4..

kind of worried about this game really. the way the hawks approached the dallas game is the way they'll kill us. they basically let the mavs go for long 2's and 3s, all of which they actually made. if they do that to the raptors, we're dead.

Comment

You mean if they go zone for the entire 48 minutes? I was saying Raps should do it too. I dont trust JV and Johnson against Milsap and Horford and thats no disrespect..

Comment

Winnable game. Horford and Millsap present some tough matchups, but so do Gay and DeRozan.

Overall, just hoping to see better execution by the boys tonight. Crisper passes, improved shot-selection, and better communication defending the PnR.

Comment

I watched Atlanta vs. Dallas from the other night. Atlanta is all about the frontcourt - Millsap puts on a lot of offensive pressure, and Horford is great on the defensive end - and the PG - Jeff Teague is a lot better than you think. Lowry's gonna have his hands full trying to keep Teague in front of him.

Atlanta's weak on the wings. Gay and DD will have the advantage there.

It's gonna be interesting - I want to see how JV and Amir matchup against two quality bigs in Horford and Millsap. Teague is the x-factor for me.

(Here's an aside - really weird watching Jose Calderon toss alley-oops to Vince Carter in Dallas. I kinda like it. The over/under on how many games until Dirk strangles Monta for taking all the shots is 15.)
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Wierd stuff always happens when the Raps play in two cities: Salt Lake and Atlanta. I'll be tuning in to see what crazy nonsense happens this year.

Teague, Millsap and Horford are very good players. I'm actually looking forward to watching the Hawks, they have some likable players. Should be a fun game.

Comment

Who remembers when the last time we started season 2 and 0 ?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                Wierd stuff always happens when the Raps play in two cities: Salt Lake and Atlanta. I'll be tuning in to see what crazy nonsense happens this year.

Teague, Millsap and Horford are very good players. I'm actually looking forward to watching the Hawks, they have some likable players. Should be a fun game.

i agree. Atlanta seems to be one of those teams that always has our number. And, by your analysis, with Millsap going from Salt Lake to Atlanta...we're screwed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Winnable game. Horford and Millsap present some tough matchups
                  those two are the reason they absolutely have to goto JV down in the post in this game. for all games now. they need to throw him into the maw otherwise he will never develop his skills.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Who remembers when the last time we started season 2 and 0 ?
                    2009!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...oronto-raptors
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So a few of my American buddies were completely bashing the Raps today on facebook. They cannot believe how lame the move to use Drake was, and I agree 1000000%.

Lame. Embarrassing.

Comment

I think it's going to be 1 - 1 if JV gets in foul trouble early.

Perimeter defence isn't the Hawk's strong suit so hopefully Demar and Rudy don't chuck bricks.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          i agree. Atlanta seems to be one of those teams that always has our number. And, by your analysis, with Millsap going from Salt Lake to Atlanta...we're screwed
                          you post that, as if there are teams that have NOT had toronto's number.

Comment

Really interesting matchup tonight. The Tegaue vs Lowry battle should be excellent, Teague looked fantastic against Dallas. Also interested to see if Schroeder torches Augustin. This game is made for Derozan to shine as he will be going against Kyle Korver for most of the game, and probably against Schroeder when Korver isn't on the court (they only played one SG against Dallas). Gay will have a bit harder time going against Carroll, who is actually a pretty tenacious defender and Hansbrough-esque in his energy. Will be a solid test of our perimeter defense as Atlanta is built to shoot lots of 3's. The matchups down low will be the highlight of the night. Really solid test for all of those guys against eachother. I'm expecting a playoff level intensity from this game as both teams know this is one of their main competitors for a playoff spot or seed (I think both will make it unless blown up).

Comment

I wish it was Devlin and Sam Mitchell Jack is pretty annoying...

Comment

Working...
                              X