Restricted Free Agents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted Free Agents?

It appears that there will be a number of very good young restricted free agents this coming off-season.

Gordon Hayward
    Greg Monroe
    Eric Bledsoe
    Avery Bradley
    Greivis Vasques

And many others, list who you like.

Do you think our front office will make a run at any of these guys?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere unless he is a complete dud (and even then...).

Doubt Bradley is going anywhere either. The C's will sign him or they'll trade him and he'll re-sign elsewhere.

Hayward would be a great fit at the SF position for us, but don't see him here unless it's a sign and trade (assuming cap space).

Monroe and Vasquez are definitely realistically available. Monroe seems to be a guy people really like or really dislike (can a guy be both over and under rated at the same time?). He's a good passing big, but I'm not sure he does enough elsewhere for the Raps to bother.

Vazquez would be a nice stop gap PG, but he isn't likely to lead a team to contention. Would be a great back-up PG
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here's my issue with this. The guys that will truly be available off this list will need big bucks. For example, Haywood wants $12M. Let's say Bledsoe is a minimum of $8 or $9M (otherwise, assume he would have just signed), likley more. That means Gay and Lowry are gone and the Raps are basically back in the same salary cap spot. For what? A couple more wins? You won't get any one of them cheap because the current teams will just match if the salary is reasonable. I like a lot of those players but not at the price they will command if you want to prevent their current teams from matching.

For me, the better approach is to try and find that level of talent (good players) in the draft, which Ujiri has a solid track record of doing, and let's save the cap space for big time talent (by trade or FA).

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        Here's my issue with this. The guys that will truly be available off this list will need big bucks. For example, Haywood wants $12M. Let's say Bledsoe is a minimum of $8 or $9M (otherwise, assume he would have just signed), likley more. That means Gay and Lowry are gone and the Raps are basically back in the same salary cap spot. For what? A couple more wins? You won't get any one of them cheap because the current teams will just match if the salary is reasonable. I like a lot of those players but not at the price they will command if you want to prevent their current teams from matching.

For me, the better approach is to try and find that level of talent (good players) in the draft, which Ujiri has a solid track record of doing, and let's save the cap space for big time talent (by trade or FA).
        Is Spencer Haywood available?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

.... and then use Bird Rights to retain the pieces acquired via the draft.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Is Spencer Haywood available?

He wants $20M...... Nice find.

Comment

I would be SO happy to reap in returns for Rudy Gay, then pick up Hayward in the summer.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
              X