Steve Nash.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Nash.....

Coming to Toronto? Twitters buzzing that Lakers are shopping him and Toronto is one of the top spots he could be landing in.. Please God NO! This is something BC would be all over doesn't look like something Ujiri would be looking for.

Oh no... He's too old to play basketball. It's perfect time to retire.

Comment

His contract is huge... 9.3 this year and 9.7 the next. we couldn't afford him and I don't want us to.

Comment

Right??? The only thing I want from Nash right now is telling me hello as I walk into a Wal-Mart

Comment

If it involves the Lakers 1st round pick then i'd say yes.

Kyle Lowry for Steve Nash + Lakers 1st round pick.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ldoeelp
            In:
            Pau Gasol
            Steve Nash
            +2 Lakers first rounders 2014, 2016
            Out:
            Rudy Gay
            Amir Johnson
            Kyle Lowry

Pau comes off the books at season's end.. and we get rid of Sir Chucks Alot aka Rudy Gay
            Let the full tank/rebuild begin.
            Last edited by xRevise; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

hmmmm and Ujiri is Jedi enough to do that but LA isnt parting with that 1st round maybe if they were competing this year.

Comment

Lakers traded last season's pick and traded next year's pick to PHX in the Nash deal. You can't trade picks in consecutive years, so that is a no go
                Last edited by phdmac; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 11:38 PM. Reason: added info
                Ball Don't Lie

Comment

No thanks. In retrospect, I'm very happy he chose the Lakers originally.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Pau and Nash? Hell no.

Comment

Nash would be a good guy to have on the team from a leadership standpoint... but that's about it. that contract is horrific. plus he's old. really old.

in a couple years he'll be on the team in a head office type role
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Moving Nash makes sense to the Lakers but what twitter feeds are reporting this? Are they reputable sources or just fans saying they want Nash gone due to their frustration?

Nash I think would still be a good fit for the Raptors but only for this season. They need a facilitator with the way MU is running his offense. He would work in the short term but he's obviously not an option in the long term. As for salaries working.. can't do a Nash/Lowry swap.. need to add another piece. Plus it's been stated that LA can't give up their pick since their 2015 pick is going to Phoenix. Only way to get LA's 2014 pick is for Toronto to give them their 2014 pick or their 2015 pick, and LA may have a better team next year than this year.. plus if they swap 2014 picks it kind of defeats the purpose.

As for Gasol - he has a large expiring contract... but his contract will not be easy to move. Not many teams will have $19M in cap space to trade for and if they would want him you'll be getting back big contracts with long term deals. So say you trade Gay for Gasol.... Gasol will leave at the end of the season and you won't get anything for him. That's like trading Gay for nothing. I'd prefer a tangible asset in return like a pick or a prospect.

LAL is a very bad trading partner in my opinion.

Comment

Alex Kennedy and Arash Markazi both tweeted about it
                          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
                            Alex Kennedy and Arash Markazi both tweeted about it
                            Thanks... here is the twitter update:

Comment

Nash would be great post retirement in a Jamal Magloire esque role, training current Rap players mainly guards a thing or 2. Thats about all I'd want from him now.

Comment

Working...
                              X