No announcement yet.

Steve Nash.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he wants to play backup to Lowry, and the Raps can keep draft picks, their starters, Fields, Ross, Psycho T, Buycks, and Stone...so does DJ, Daye, and Gray work?

Lol. No thanks.

Comment

If they're interested in Gay, I'd go for it if somehow picks are coming back, and no picks are going out, and none of Jonas, Tyler, Kyle, Landry, Terrence, Quincy or Amir are involved. I'd even like to keep Novak around. OK, Stone too. I can't really see DeMar involved in this trade either.

So, Gay + any of Buycks, Daye, Gray, and Augustine for Nash + Picks + Filler.

Doesn't really sounds like there is a deal to be made here, since Gay's salary and Nash's salary don't match. But, if we get Gay's chucking out of the lineup, replace Augustine with Nash, and get at least one pick somehow? Works for me.

Comment

its amazing how many of you have no idea how much better for this team Steve Nash is than ANYTHING they currently have playing the PG position. Toronto is ridiculously flawed when it comes to actually PLAYING BASKETBALL. almost all of you hate the offence, its stalls, too many jacked shots from the wrong guys, ZERO ability to utilize the post..... yet all you worry about is 1.5 years of Steve Nash not being a good defender...WTF?????????????? You havent had defence for 15 years, why worry now when the guy could help transform this teams offence, and CULTURE from bush league to contender status.

What a sad, SAD state of affairs man. Its like peoples brains actually reset from thread to thread.

Comment

For the moment, a Steve Nash trade to Toronto is a complete fantasy. For one, unless the Raptors want to include Kyle Lowry or another player from their starting lineup, any deal will be difficult to fit under the provisions of the CBA.

“I am 39. I’ll be 40 in a few months,” Nash said. “So you have to adapt your mindset to the new challenge. This is where I’m at. I have to get on top of my body, and I’ve got to let my game come around.

“The nerves in the broken leg, then the nerves in the back and hamstring (last season) … I’d never felt my nerves in my life. I feel them every day now.
          Raptors Rumors: Steve Nash Trade Possible?

Lakers have almost no players that aren't on expiring deals/ will be free agents in July. They have no picks available to trade - not even a 2nd round pick until 2016. Lakers could trade their 2014 1st at the draft by picking for another team, but not before. Nash is still owed $18m currently and that's a lot of money for a guy who's about to turn 40, is hurting and may never fully recover from last season's injuries - that doesn't even make Nash a good pickup for a "tank" job.
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojm4h68

Ya, right.

Comment

Nash is a bette rCoach than Casey, that alone makes him a worthwhile pick up. and I would be THRILLED to watch Lowry walk. Nash has a year after this one left, thats nothing. Who you want here if Toronto DOES get a big time draft pick, Lowry???? ah. I will take Nash's tutelage 100/100 times over that nit wit.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                ... that doesn't even make Nash a good pickup for a "tank" job.
                I would have thought all of those downside factors DO make Nash a good pickup for a tank job. Move Rudy. Pick up a Nash who won't be able to play in a bunch of games, leaving DJ in charge. And get the Lakers to pick for the Raps at the draft, then do a switch. Can the teams arrange that kind of an arrangement ahead of time, in a player deal now, or would that be viewed as the Lakers setting themselves up to trade away three first round draft picks?

Having Nash available all year and next season to help Buycks and Stone develop should be worth something as well.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe my thoughts are scrambled, but it looks like a great disguised tanking ploy to me.

Comment

Puffer, I guess getting the laker's to pick for us is only a trade doable on draft night, not in advance.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                    Puffer, I guess getting the laker's to pick for us is only a trade doable on draft night, not in advance.
                    I thought that might be what was meant by Stephen in his post. (sigh)

Comment

OK, here's the tanking special:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6fw6sp

This would include LA getting their number 2015 pick back from Phoenix so they could trade us their 2014 Pick.

I know: Ya, right, again.

I guess the only point here is that I can see a Nash trade working if a third team was involved.

Also, if you really want to tank, trading Gay is pointless, since he helps us lose. If you want to tank, trade Lowry.

Well, if you want to tank you really need to get rid of Johnson, Hansbrough, and Fields, but that is taking too many steps backward.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        its amazing how many of you have no idea how much better for this team Steve Nash is than ANYTHING they currently have playing the PG position. Toronto is ridiculously flawed when it comes to actually PLAYING BASKETBALL. almost all of you hate the offence, its stalls, too many jacked shots from the wrong guys, ZERO ability to utilize the post..... yet all you worry about is 1.5 years of Steve Nash not being a good defender...WTF?????????????? You havent had defence for 15 years, why worry now when the guy could help transform this teams offence, and CULTURE from bush league to contender status.

What a sad, SAD state of affairs man. Its like peoples brains actually reset from thread to thread.
                        Why are you always typing in extremes, while being entirely condescending?

If you have an opposing opinion, dont question other peoples intelligence, but make a good point and stop there.

As per your reaction, Steve Nash doesnt make this team obviously better, and saying that we need him because of a stalled offense is an unsubstantiated claim. First of all, trades involve contracts with guaranteed money and 9mil for a 40 yearold is a stretch at any professional sport. 2nd of all, seeing him from last year miss as many games as he has, and to only come back slow and hobbled. It is obvious if Nash was his old self the Lakers would have had a much better year. Due to Nash being a shell of his former self, his defense would not be the only negative in his game.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Many of the posts I read DID have no clue. so, I'm not being extreme, nor am I condescending. It isn't an opinion, its a fact. so why beat around the bush or cast out euphemisms.

As for Nash himself, if you know I support the ultimate tank, and if I make no mention of Nash helping this current team win now, why bother lay out an argument and then proceed to try to shoot it down if you are in fact the only one laying out the argument.

Bud, if you're going to make a point of bouncing from thread to thread chasing my posts and trying hard to somehow turn them into some type of online battles, at least read and comprehend the posts before you commit to a side. I don't want Nash for his ability to win games, that left 5 years ago, I want Nash for his intellectual property, his way of doing things, his wisdom, and his well earned reputation of being the consummate professional and team player. The Toronto franchise is in shambles, its at ground zero. Its two best players are flawed from a perspective that would envision a strong culture of basketball, and winning. You don't trade for this, nor can you immediately draft it, you can at times sign it in free agency, however that is difficult to do in Toronto, so, you have to plant it, grow it, and cultivate it. To do this, you need to plough the field level, keep the young healthy plants, and bring in a few really good farmers to grow your franchise to where it can be successful year after year with a solid, strong and healthy foundation.

In any case, if you need to be a cop, than by all means, police away, but at least do it with accuracy ok, or I simply cannot respect it, and won't. Calling out a personal insult, I get, but you will nary a one from me.... saying "you people have no clue" is not an insult, it is a popular comment used on bar tables around the world during healthy and entertaining sports discussions by men and women around the world. trying to turn sports discussion into some sort of elitist and utopian medium is silly, and to be honest, most people don't really want it.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                            Many of the posts I read DID have no clue. so, I'm not being extreme, nor am I condescending. It isn't an opinion, its a fact. so why beat around the bush or cast out euphemisms.
                            Right, and by what standard have you compared those posts to in order to come out with the TRUTH? Oh, to your OWN OPINION? Great.

The epitome of condescending is to believe everyone else is wrong, and only you are right, and then to act as if it is the most obvious fact, while then backing it up with personal opinions.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Bud, some things arent opinions, some are. Its often easy to get caught up in your own little part of the world, and forget that there is a bigger world out there, thats what happens on messageboards. But the plain fact is, some things are pretty much fact, some arent, and I dont take credit for those ideas, just pass um along.

anyhow, i am not interested in arguing ok, sorry to have ruffled your feathers, hope we can get along in the future.

Comment

I dont think Lakers know BC is no longer Toronto's GM.... Steve Nash on the table was like a baby being affixed to dangling keys for BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X