No announcement yet.

Steve Nash.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakers can't trade their 2014 pick but they could give the option to Toronto to swap picks.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Lakers can't trade their 2014 pick but they could give the option to Toronto to swap picks.
      LOL at your new avatar! Nothing subtle about that

Comment

Also all the tweets had Nash landing in Toronto. It might not be a direct flight with 3rd and 4th teams added.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          LOL at your new avatar! Nothing subtle about that
          I felt I wasn't being direct enough with my opinions and wanted to make sure everyone understood where I stood.

Comment

I actually really like this option, if the core of the deal is Gay for Nash.

Because without Gay and Augustine in the lineup, and with Fields and Nash getting their minutes, This team will win games. I'd rather try to win and hope LA loses, than root for Toronto losses.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
              I actually really like this option, if the core of the deal is Gay for Nash.

Because without Gay and Augustine in the lineup, and with Fields and Nash getting their minutes, This team will win games. I'd rather try to win and hope LA loses, than root for Toronto losses.
              In Theory Gay may be playing like Ass right now but he does bring some good things even when playing awful.

Comment

So here is the WIN NOW trade, assuming we swap picks with LA on draft night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n7qh2fa

Comment

Nope

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Coming to Toronto? Twitters buzzing that Lakers are shopping him and Toronto is one of the top spots he could be landing in.. Please God NO! This is something BC would be all over doesn't look like something Ujiri would be looking for.
                  If this shit happens i'm done watching the Raptors play this season.

Comment

I felt I wasn't being direct enough with my opinions and wanted to make sure everyone understood where I stood.

What model is that. Frickin' awesome looking machine.

Comment

ibleedpurple wrote: View Post
                      If this shit happens i'm done watching the Raptors play this season.
                      +1 all the tweets say that Toronto has a interest in Nash in the past but we have a total new front office. I've always felt like BC was the only ever interested in Nash.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm still skeptical on these twitter rumors. MU doesn't seem like the guy to chase Nash.. and if TL is trying to pull a BC I've lost faith. However if the goal is to get a $18M coach on the floor he'd be the best guy to get.

I don't think LA would take Rudy (he has 2 years on his contract if he opts in) and the rumor is they want to free up all their cap space for next season.

So a 3rd team would have to be involved since Toronto doesn't have many expiring contracts either that total $9M.

So a scenario like this could potentially work:

Toronto receives Nash, Butler, and the Greek guy from the Bucks
                        LA receives Lowry and Udoh (both expiring)
                        Milwaukee receives Gay

Toronto gets the rights to the better pick between LA/Milwaukee (LA gets the other).

This helps the tank in my opinion, gets them a prospect and a pick that could end up in the lottery. Essentially my ideal scenario for trading Gay and/or Lowry.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'm still skeptical on these twitter rumors. MU doesn't seem like the guy to chase Nash.. and if TL is trying to pull a BC I've lost faith. However if the goal is to get a $18M coach on the floor he'd be the best guy to get.

I don't think LA would take Rudy (he has 2 years on his contract if he opts in) and the rumor is they want to free up all their cap space for next season.

So a 3rd team would have to be involved since Toronto doesn't have many expiring contracts either that total $9M.

So a scenario like this could potentially work:

Toronto receives Nash, Butler, and the Greek guy from the Bucks
                          LA receives Lowry and Udoh (both expiring)
                          Milwaukee receives Gay

Toronto gets the rights to the better pick between LA/Milwaukee (LA gets the other).

This helps the tank in my opinion, gets them a prospect and a pick that could end up in the lottery. Essentially my ideal scenario for trading Gay and/or Lowry.
                          There would have to be a 3rd team. LA has been planning to unload their entire roster this summer for a few seasons now, and they aren't about to take back contracts.

I'd be very skeptical of Nash's impact in Toronto. Y'all are looking at him and thinking "Heck ya! Steve Nash running the offense!" Steve Nash post-Suns is not the same guy at all. He really, really looks done and he's still owed a lot of money for this season and next. How does he help move the franchise forward if the biggest need here a serious talent infusion through draft picks and cap space? It would have to be the first in a series of trades that sees MU become a full-on Jedi trade master by completely turning this team around through an on-the-fly rebuild.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Koreen said it best when he said try to come up with a reason MU trades for Nash without using the word "canada".
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Koreen said it best when he said try to come up with a reason MU trades for Nash without using the word "canada".
                              Injured starting PG = better lottery odds?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Injured starting PG = better lottery odds?
                                i think lowry's doing a pretty decent job himself

plus it's not like Nash has an expiring contract or anything
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X