Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake partnership to try and lure Durant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake partnership to try and lure Durant?

Heard second hand from someone who has spoken to the MLSE about Drake and part of the reason for the partnership. Seems like he was brought on board at least in part to try and lure his friend Kevin Durant to Toronto. The Raptors cannot speak to Durant under the CBA but they can use Drake to try and get him here.

What do you think? Could be B.S. but I wouldn't put it past Leiweke to go all out like this.

Drake is employee of MLSE, that means he must comply with CBA rules too.

Comment

You could be right but I am not 100% sure if "Global Ambassador" is treated the same or not.

Comment

Raptorman15 wrote: View Post
        You could be right but I am not 100% sure if "Global Ambassador" is treated the same or not.
        Doesn't matter.. He's part of MLSE now, with or without contract.

By the way, he can't even talk to media about stuff like that..

That thing global ambassador is just a publicity stunt to ATTRACT some attention from players/world and maybe, just maybe it will help us to lure some big shot stars in the future... I'm pretty sure Drake knows about that, but if he doesn't and he starts direct talks with any NBA guy well.. it will end bad.
        Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 5, 2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Doesn't mean he wouldn't still try. You have to think Miami violated a few rules as well when they brought the Bosh and Lebron in.

Comment

Doesn't mean he wouldn't still try. You have to think Miami violated a few rules as well when they brought the Bosh and Lebron in.
            Why do you think Miami violated any rules in 2010 ?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Why do you think Miami violated any rules in 2010 ?
              Do you really think there weren't discussions going on before the summer?

Comment

Do you really think there weren't discussions going on before the summer?
                Miami didn't had any superstar global ambassadors who would talk with players directly before summer. World is corrupt, but I think this deal was clean.

Anyway.. if Drake helps us to land superstar player - then...For the god's sake, I'm buying his album.

Comment

Miami didn't had any superstar global ambassadors who would talk with players directly before summer. World is corrupt, but I think this deal was clean.

Anyway.. if Drake helps us to land superstar player - then...For the god's sake, I'm buying his album.
                  No kidding! I am sure it wasn't just to design uniforms in any event

Comment

Trade Rudy, get Durant? Lol. In my dreams, maybe.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Trade Rudy, get Durant?
                      If the plan is to get Durant, it's to do it by getting KD when he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2016. Masai's said before he's targeting the 2015/16 season as his point where the team should start becoming a viable championship contender; making a solid 4-5 seed that year and then making the press for Durant in the "you put us over the top" way would make sense.

If Masai's gameplan also involves Wiggins, the plan then for 2016/17 would be Quality Point Guard, Wiggins at SG, KD at SF, Quality Big (possibly Amir), and Jonas at center, possibly with DeMar as your sixth man off the bench (maybe hoping that DeMar exercises his player option for the final year and resigns with Toronto at a slightly lower rate in order to chase rings).

That's not a bad plan, to be honest.

Comment

Drake is employee of MLSE, that means he must comply with CBA rules too.
                        what about players? players rally to get other players to join their team all the time.

not disagreeing with you, legitimately wondering what the difference is.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If we can get Durant honestly fuck Wiggins lol

Comment

Forget about Durant. LeBron is a free agent after this season
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              what about players? players rally to get other players to join their team all the time.

not disagreeing with you, legitimately wondering what the difference is.
                              Oh yeah, players talk. ( It's illegal for the player or team talk to other nba guy who's under contract ) It's very unlikely that any team will lodge any complaint ( NBA can't monitor private talks, they have no spys, right?! ) for tampering coz those "talks" are just private. It's just obvious that people related to NBA team are trying to avoid talks related to other NBA player who's under contract, but you never know what happens off-cameras. Corruption exists everywhere... and when NBA tampering rules are so stupid for the such big company... I wouldn't be shocked if every second team is tampering.

Anyway. By hiring Drake we became bigger "dot" on league's map in a good way, and in a bad way too.

Comment

Working...
                              X