Best Smart Phone - 2015 update in post 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I bought the same warranty 9n this new one. The S8 is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    warranty/insurance is a must have these days. Phones are getting too expensive

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      warranty/insurance is a must have these days. Phones are getting too expensive
      Costco offers one of the best and you're right, the S8 is over $1000 to buy out of contract. Prices on these things just keep going up but the tech is pretty slick.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

It is, but the thing is, we don't need the crap they bring...its asinine that we are looking at a grand for a cell phone.

Comment

1100 yuan(/6) for cad near enough. Gets a xiaomi hongmi phone. I have a couple foreign friends that are very happy with the phone. I don't know if you can buy it outside of China though. The huawei mate series are all very nice too.

Comment

The google pixel XL is the best phone on the market rn hands down. For anyone looking for a top tier phone its a no brainer, google really knows how to make an overall good quality phone. I bought the nexus 6p about a year and a half ago and the only problem I've had with it is the battery got significantly worse from when I first had it, but I guess that comes with the mileage. If it weren't for that I'd put it over the pixel, I'm hoping they give us stereo speakers on the Pixel 2

Comment

The S8 has the nicest screen of any device I've ever used. It's beautiful. The camera is 12 megapixel but it looks as good as the 16 I had in my G4. It is lightning fast too. I'm loving this thing.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                The google pixel XL is the best phone on the market rn hands down. For anyone looking for a top tier phone its a no brainer, google really knows how to make an overall good quality phone. I bought the nexus 6p about a year and a half ago and the only problem I've had with it is the battery got significantly worse from when I first had it, but I guess that comes with the mileage. If it weren't for that I'd put it over the pixel, I'm hoping they give us stereo speakers on the Pixel 2
                Does it have a replaceable battery? I've never owned a smart phone without needing a new battery.

I'm still on an LG G3 (although, due to be replaced soon), but replaced the standard 3000mA battery with an after market 6000mA one. It weighs more, but love the fact that I can go a full day with heavy video use, and still have 40% left when I go to sleep.

Comment

Most new phones don't have replaceable batteries. LG is one of the few companies still offering it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Most new phones don't have replaceable batteries. LG is one of the few companies still offering it.
                    I guess portable battery packs are the way to go then.

Comment

I just got a LG K4 from work; first time not on iPhone in many years (still have for personal use but looking at new options). I find the phone immediately weird and had an old man moment when I had to google how to install the SIM card - they were much bigger and simpler in my day
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Does it have a replaceable battery? I've never owned a smart phone without needing a new battery.

I'm still on an LG G3 (although, due to be replaced soon), but replaced the standard 3000mA battery with an after market 6000mA one. It weighs more, but love the fact that I can go a full day with heavy video use, and still have 40% left when I go to sleep.
                        Its not replaceable but the pixel has pretty good battery optimization. My lil bro has the pixel and he charges it like once every two days, but then again he doesn't use it much. With frequent use it'll probably last around a day maybe or a little less

Comment

Nothing like going somewhere like Costco and holding the real phones in your hand, doing the side by sides. That supplemented my research but honestly, it might not have mattered because as soon as I held the S8 I decided I was getting it. It just feels like superior technology. That screen is amazing. It's a very narrow phone for its screen size. It's some slick engineering with good specs inside.

Both phones are no doubt outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                          X