• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could have been.

22.8 PPG
    7.8 APG
    5.8 RPG
    26.11 PER
    These stats belong to Eric Bledsoe. Guy's playing like an All-Star. It's obviously early, but if he keeps it up, look out.

If you could go back and trade for him, would you?
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    22.8 PPG
    7.8 APG
    5.8 RPG
    26.11 PER
    These stats belong to Eric Bledsoe. Guy's playing like an All-Star. It's obviously early, but if he keeps it up, look out.

If you could go back and trade for him, would you?
    When did we ever have the chance? How is this what could have been? Doesn't that imply the Raptors had the opportunity and passed it up (which they didn't)?

Bledsoe's a nice player, but you can't be upset about something that couldn't have happened.

Comment

Was there a credible rumour involving Bledsoe and the Raps?

From reading the title, I thought this was going to be a TMac and Vince thread

Comment

There were whispers of Raptors having interest in trade this summer.

If they shed Rudy or he opts out, Raps could make an offer this summer.

Although if he continues that all year he will likely be offered a max which PHX would probably match.

Comment

wasnt the rumor Blesdsoe for DeMar? giving up a guy whos turning the corner and locked in for next 4 seasons for a guy who can leave after this season.. Rudy playing awful as he is glad we didnt make that rumored deal.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

All I'm saying is there was interest, and he's a lot better than lowry. You can argue DeRozan is turning the corner, but Bledsoe looks consistent where as DeRozan doesn't. Woulda been a nice one-two punch with him and Jonas. I wasn't aware he could leave after a season, so my bad.
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
              http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

All I'm saying is there was interest, and he's a lot better than lowry. You can argue DeRozan is turning the corner, but Bledsoe looks consistent where as DeRozan doesn't. Woulda been a nice one-two punch with him and Jonas. I wasn't aware he could leave after a season, so my bad.
              Bledsoe is far from one dimensional as well.

Comment

I remember the rumour and also wanted BC to try and pick him up. He was showing so much potential and was one of those guys that just needed a chance to start to show what he could do. Great pick up for Phoenix.

Comment

Bledsoe is an RFA.. so you can always match another team's offer. The problem is at what price point would the offer be at? If it's a max contract then that's a bad deal. If he was making 4 years / $48M then it's Lawson money and he hasn't really proved that he can play as well as Lawson aside from the short sample size of this season. So giving up assets for him could have been a gamble. It's looking good now but again it depends on what his next contract will be.

And yeah.. LAC wanted DeMar.. that was the rumour as far as I remember it.

Comment

This thread is extremely weak without a confirmed rumor that we had any chance at all to acquire Bledsoe.

Might as well put up a picture of Kate Upton and say:

"Oh man, if only all humans in the world died and she and I were the only ones left and we had to restart the human race.... what could have been."
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

This seems to be another way to acquire potential all-stars; i.e., trade for a promising (but not proven) bench player a year or so before he hits free agency. In this case, there is still a lot of risk because you haven't seen what the player can do for long stretches against front-line starters, but there is enough sample size (e.g. high PER) to evaluate the possibility that he could emerge as one. The Harden situation is obviously the best case & Darren Collison comes to mind as the opposite situation.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        This thread is extremely weak without a confirmed rumor that we had any chance at all to acquire Bledsoe.

Might as well put up a picture of Kate Upton and say:

"Oh man, if only all humans in the world died and she and I were the only ones left and we had to restart the human race.... what could have been."
                        Thanks for the input
                        - Tim Leiweke

Comment

Can't believe the Suns managed to get Butler and Bledsoe for Dudley and a 2nd round pick.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            This seems to be another way to acquire potential all-stars; i.e., trade for a promising (but not proven) bench player a year or so before he hits free agency. In this case, there is still a lot of risk because you haven't seen what the player can do for long stretches against front-line starters, but there is enough sample size (e.g. high PER) to evaluate the possibility that he could emerge as one. The Harden situation is obviously the best case & Darren Collison comes to mind as the opposite situation.
                            I would say Colangelo has tried that method a few times already. Humphries, Ford, Bayless, James Johnson, Amir, Weems, etc.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I would say Colangelo has tried that method a few times already. Humphries, Ford, Bayless, James Johnson, Amir, Weems, etc.
                              Yeah, but that was Colangelo. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X