Will Masai fire Casey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey needs to be fired

fire dwane casey. thats all i have to say. after last night i have no faith in him.
    Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

• TorontoRaptors4Eva wrote: View Post
      fire dwane casey. thats all i have to say. after last night i have no faith in him.
      Firing him won't make much difference this season. This roster is broken.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        I'd still rather getting to the playoffs than this tanking nonsense and getting screwed over year after year.
        Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results.

The Raptors have NEVER committed to a rebuild. All we've done over the past 8 years is foolishly attempt to "build" a playoff team without elite talent on the roster. And you want to continue this plan??? Give your head a shake, my friend.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          Talking in absolutes is pointless.

I guess you're trying to point out that Casey's job is made harder by the poor players on the team.

Then to determine whether Casey is a good coach, one can examine:

-is he making the most out of the players he is given?

-are they assigned roles that suit their strengths?

-is he developing young players' skill sets?
          The on court results speak got themselves.

Comment

• Based on the thread title, fire Casey or bust, I voted for bust.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting different results.

The Raptors have NEVER committed to a rebuild. All we've done over the past 8 years is foolishly attempt to "build" a playoff team without elite talent on the roster. And you want to continue this plan??? Give your head a shake, my friend.
              Different philosophies. We all agree where we always end of is unacceptable. Let's hope MU is as smart as we all hope he is. Casey certainly is lacking in intelligence.

Comment

Firing him won't make much difference this season. This roster is broken.
                It will if pieces like DD remain. JV and DD will be broken by the end of the season if this continues.

Comment

• yup. Its time for restructuring.

Comment

• Prior to the 2012/13 season I pointed out that Casey was like Larry Brown. He had a specific basketball philosophy and he would stick to that philosophy. From a very broad perspective it is:

- slow pace
                    - defense emphasis
                    - veterans over rookies/youth

He is an old school coach suited to a team with an established and good veteran roster. Not a team that is/should be rebuilding. Casey is doing exactly what we should expect him to be doing given his style, what he has been doing for 2+ seasons now, but he just doesn't have the level of talent necessary to do it. His philosophy is sound, its this roster isn't. And Casey philosophy doesn't fit with a rebuilding team.

Now as for games like last night, it was hardly Casey's fault. What do you do when two of the best shooters in the league get hot? What do you do when you have turnover prone players turning over the ball in the 4th quarter? Would more Stone/Buycks/Augustine over Lowry have helped? More Fields/Ross over Gay? No it wouldn't.

Golden State tried to force a fast game, the Raptors tried to counter by forcing a slow game... something had to give and the more talented team broke the weaker team.

Last night was an example of the importance of talent. Real top end talent. Not this faux talent Colangelo threw together in an attempt to save his job. Watching players like Curry should show just how far away from being a 'star' Gay, Lowry and Derozan are.

Comment

• Alas, we could've had Curry had we....you know....tanked.

Comment

Alas, we could've had Curry had we....you know....tanked.
                        This forum won't let go of Barnes, so don't forget him!
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
                          Prior to the 2012/13 season I pointed out that Casey was like Larry Brown. He had a specific basketball philosophy and he would stick to that philosophy. From a very broad perspective it is:

- slow pace
                          - defense emphasis
                          - veterans over rookies/youth

He is an old school coach suited to a team with an established and good veteran roster. Not a team that is/should be rebuilding. Casey is doing exactly what we should expect him to be doing given his style, what he has been doing for 2+ seasons now, but he just doesn't have the level of talent necessary to do it. His philosophy is sound, its this roster isn't. And Casey philosophy doesn't fit with a rebuilding team.

Now as for games like last night, it was hardly Casey's fault. What do you do when two of the best shooters in the league get hot? What do you do when you have turnover prone players turning over the ball in the 4th quarter? Would more Stone/Buycks/Augustine over Lowry have helped? More Fields/Ross over Gay? No it wouldn't.

Golden State tried to force a fast game, the Raptors tried to counter by forcing a slow game... something had to give and the more talented team broke the weaker team.

Last night was an example of the importance of talent. Real top end talent. Not this faux talent Colangelo threw together in an attempt to save his job. Watching players like Curry should show just how far away from being a 'star' Gay, Lowry and Derozan are.
                          I don't disagree with Casey's philosophies - they are sound. The problem is when guys don't follow them, Casey doesn't have the balls to sit them down. He just lets it happen over and over again. Casey's problem is not his coaching acumen, it's the people management. There's a reason why coaches like Sloan, SVG, JVG, even Smitch were/are sometimes considered a jerks to some degree. At some point you've got to discipline your players and Casey just doesn't seem to have the stomach for that, which basically undermines any attempt at establishing culture and demoralizes guys who actually try to play the right way. In that way, he is sort of like Jay Triano - a bit over his head and intimidated by these modern players.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            This forum won't let go of Barnes, so don't forget him!
                            I'd rather have Drummond

I know off topic, but I watched the Pistons game earlier and its just amazing seeing a big man handle the ball the way he did. He really doesn't get enough credit for it.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                              Well-coached shit still smells the same as poorly-coached shit.
                              A really loud LOL.

Well deserved.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                                Well-coached shit still smells the same as poorly-coached shit.
                                It might smell the same, but, well-coached shit can actually be useful to grow food (i.e. manure). Poorly-coached shit ends up in your pants, on your hands, on your face, on your chair,....

Comment

Working...
                                X