Will Masai fire Casey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Masai fire Casey ?

What is it going to take for UM to fire DC? You practically cannot change the whole roster so is the next logical move to change the coaching given the poor decision making by DC?
    yes
    76.92%
    no
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

I think Masai should fire Casey.

Is it going to happen? I don't think so..

Comment

Why do you want Casey gone?!?! Don't you want Wiggins???
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
        Why do you want Casey gone?!?! Don't you want Wiggins???
        Are you implying that keeping Casey will make us bad enough to get Wiggins? lol
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I think they should wait at least a month into the season to do this kind of things. Who knows what's going on in the locker room? Casey probably know things we don't, afterall he's the head coach. Maybe the approach is to make JV take full confidence before throwing him on the court full time. As I see it, JV is still getting better, each and every day and game.

It's only 5 games in.

Comment

Why fire him? He's our tank commander

Comment

Yes he definitely should. George Carl, SVG, Doug Collins, Nate Mcmillan... all better than DC

Comment

Can anybody think of any legit reasons why Masai might actually keep him?
                I'm trying to imagine a scenario where DC still has the job for the year despite being unimpressive as a head coach.
                OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  Can anybody think of any legit reasons why Masai might actually keep him?
                  I'm trying to imagine a scenario where DC still has the job for the year despite being unimpressive as a head coach.
                  I have no fucking clue. Also there is no point in keeping rudy and kyle around if the plan is tanking... if that was the plan MU would've dumped both of them before the season started. It is clear they are trying to win, Casey is just a horrible head coach and he needs to go ASAP

Comment

Rob Ford smoking crack and still running the city.
                    Dwane Casey benching JV and still running the team.

It's time for greener pastures boys.

It has been written.

Comment

He should, but he won't.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Yes he definitely should. George Carl, SVG, Doug Collins, Nate Mcmillan... all better than DC
                        Aside from Casey developing some bad coaching habits or making some big mistakes which cost games, this is the best reason to me as to why now (or at least, in the somewhat near future) would be a great time to get a new coach.

So many good ones on the market that Masai could consider.

Comment

Honestly, unless you can bring in a SVG level coach, it's pointless to do it. Who you going to hire in-season? Patrick Ewing? No established coach is going to join this team unless they can see a silver lining. After the season, after we've dismantled this roster and have a young stud from the draft to pair with JV, then we might actually be an attractive coaching option. We could offer a boat load of cash, a young stud (Wiggins, Smart, Gordon, etc) to work with, as well as JV and likely some interesting role pieces (doubt that we'll move Fields, Stone, Ross).
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Honestly, unless you can bring in a SVG level coach, it's pointless to do it. Who you going to hire in-season? Patrick Ewing? No established coach is going to join this team unless they can see a silver lining. After the season, after we've dismantled this roster and have a young stud from the draft to pair with JV, then we might actually be an attractive coaching option. We could offer a boat load of cash, a young stud (Wiggins, Smart, Gordon, etc) to work with, as well as JV and likely some interesting role pieces (doubt that we'll move Fields, Stone, Ross).
                            Nick Nurse?

He coached D-League to championship.

He is familiar with coaching in NBA rules.... obviously talent much different.

Every great new, young coach needs an opportunity to start somewhere.

If he fails, no biggie - can't be worse than now, can it? If he succeeds, great.

Comment

As much as I don't think Casey is a championship calibre head coach (or even an NBA calibre head coach), I just don't see what a coaching change will do.

If your trying to win, I agree w/ Axel. Unless you've got a mult-year deal with Jerry Sloan, what's the point? Casey was coming off a championship with Dallas, had shown some positives when he was coach of the T-Wolves. When the T-Wolves fired him because they weren't living up to expectations, the were pretty much .500, after he got the axe they were terrible. In hindsight, the under performance of the T-Wolves, was actually pretty decent performance based on the TALENT on that team.

Even if you got Sloan to agree to come out of retirement would the Raps get home court advantage in the playoffs? I don't think so. If you bring in someone with no head coaching experience the best you can hope for is to squeak into the playoffs, but you have that chance with Casey.

If you are pro-tank, all you have to do is get rid of lowry, and this team may not win another game. You can do that with Casey calling the shots as well.

As much as it is super annoying that JV isn't getting more minutes... he should be getting 30-35 not 20-25, I don't think Casey is hindering his overall development.

To me it still comes down to the talent on the roster NOT the coach on the bench. MU is still in his wait and see approach, and he'll still there until probably mid december (as other posters have alluded to).

I don't see a coaching change until after a roster shake up, and probably not even then.

That said, Casey will not be the head coach next year, when we have firmly decided on where we are with the franchise.

All that said, if for some reason MU is able to ink a multi-year deal with Jackson or Sloan, then by all means fire Casey, but upgrading the HC position isn't going to do much unless the talent is upgraded as well.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X