Is 4-19 so far fetched yet again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 4-19 so far fetched yet again?

Based on Raps performance this week is 4-19 or thereabouts really that far off in the next month?

Yeah, that's really unrealistic this is still a .500 team so at the least they end 10-13
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      Yeah, that's really unrealistic this is still a .500 team so at the least they end 10-13
      I think the confidence stems from a blowout over Utah. This thread stayed dormant for 2 days.

Now with the win over Utah, 4-19 is unlikely. They'll have to go 1-15 over the next 16.

However, looking at the schedule, how many games do you consider winnable? I bold the ones I think should be gimmes.

Mon, Nov 11@
      Houston

Wed, Nov 13 @
      Memphis

Fri, Nov 15 vs
      Chicago

Sun, Nov 17 vs
      Portland

Wed, Nov 20 @
      Philadelphia

Fri, Nov 22 vs
      Washington

Tue, Nov 26vs
      Brooklyn

Fri, Nov 29 vs
      Miami

Sun, Dec 1 vs
      Denver

Tue, Dec 3 @
      Golden State

Fri, Dec 6 @
      Phoenix

Sun, Dec 8 @
      Los Angeles

Tue, Dec 10 vs
      San Antonio

Fri, Dec 13 vs
      Philadelphia

Sat, Dec 14 @
      Chicago

Wed, Dec 18 vs
      Charlotte

Fri, Dec 20 @
      Dallas

Sun, Dec 22 @
      Oklahoma City

Mon, Dec 23 @
      San Antonio

Fri, Dec 27 @
      NY Knicks

Sat, Dec 28 vs
      NY Knicks

Tue, Dec 31 @
      Chicago

Wed, Jan 1 vs
      Indiana

Fri, Jan 3 @
      Washington

Sun, Jan 5 @
      Miami

Tue, Jan 7 @
      Indiana

Wed, Jan 8 vs
      Detroit

Sat, Jan 11 vs
      Brooklyn
      That would leave the Raptors 8-27 before heading in to the cushy part of their schedule. At this point the season is long lost.

So while 4-19 might not happen, I still don't think the .500 is realistic if you are looking at their record after 23 games or 35 games.

Comment

Yeah, but other teams will have off nights.
        We'll be a few games south of .500, but nothing so ugly.
        DOESN'T MEAN WE EARNED IT THOUGH

Comment

toronto will win at a pace that places them 9th in the conference. book it.

They are losers, when they lose...they lose, and when they win....they also lose. it makes baby raptorjesus cry

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
            Yeah, but other teams will have off nights.
            We'll be a few games south of .500, but nothing so ugly.
            DOESN'T MEAN WE EARNED IT THOUGH
            Good point.

But every weaker team I highlighted will likely come in to the game thinking it is a winnable game.

How long do Chicago, Brooklyn, and the Knicks keep pissing away games?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I think the confidence stems from a blowout over Utah. This thread stayed dormant for 2 days.

Now with the win over Utah, 4-19 is unlikely. They'll have to go 1-15 over the next 16.

However, looking at the schedule, how many games do you consider winnable? I bold the ones I think should be gimmes.

That would leave the Raptors 8-27 before heading in to the cushy part of their schedule. At this point the season is long lost.

So while 4-19 might not happen, I still don't think the .500 is realistic if you are looking at their record after 23 games or 35 games.
              That is exactly the concern I have that Raps will be irrelevant by jan then will go on nice winning streak to screw up any chance at wiggins. If they are not at or very close to .500 by end of December it will be the same cycle all over again.

Comment

winning more than 1 games places this team out of the top 5 picks, book it. Teams are serious tanking thi year. The NBa crated this climate, they push certain markets... the weak markets will always be tank builders. They have to.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  winning more than 1 games places this team out of the top 5 picks, book it. Teams are serious tanking thi year. The NBa crated this climate, they push certain markets... the weak markets will always be tank builders. They have to.
                  If they can finish bottom 5/6, that is good enough. In the end it is a lottery afterall.

Utah might finish with the worst record but they are still going to be a 75% chance they don't get the #1 pick.

Comment

ugh. its all painful.

Comment

toronto will win at a pace that places them 9th in the conference. book it. They are losers, when they lose...they lose, and when they win....they also lose. it makes baby raptorjesus cry
                      lol @ baby raptor-jesus. If this team really does finish 9th..... all I can say is alcohol consumption will sky rocket.

Comment

We are 3-4, but I think going into the season our best case scenario would be 5-2. I still maintain that we will be just south of .500 by the end of November. Also, I'm betting on Derozan and Gay to get back to their historical shooting norms of .450-.400, that will get us a couple of wins by themselves, if they do that.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

it makes baby raptorjesus cry
                          baby raptorjesus is my favourite raptorjesus.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

We are 3-4, but I think going into the season our best case scenario would be 5-2. I still maintain that we will be just south of .500 by the end of November. Also, I'm betting on Derozan and Gay to get back to their historical shooting norms of .450-.400, that will get us a couple of wins by themselves, if they do that.
                            If they continue poor percentage as per Houston game they have no chance of reaching those percentages.

Comment

No need to panic guys. We will be on the fast track back to slightly below .500 in no time.

Comment

Working...
                              X