Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I try something:

Rudy Gay + 2014 1st round pick (top 5 protected) for Andrew Bynum and Anthony Bennett.

Low risk high reward move IMO.

Whether we keep Bynum long term or not, just imagine our frontcourt. It's just nasty.

*EDIT* I'm wonderin' if we could get Varejao instead of Bynum. I think it would fit our team more because Varejao can play the 4 spot.

Valanciunas/Varejao/Gray
    Johnson/Bennett/Hansbrough
    DeRozan/Novak/Acy
    Fields/Ross/Stone
    Lowry/Augustin/Buycks
    I'd easily do that for the Raptors but I think Cleveland would be overreacting. If you draft someone no.1, you give him a fair chance. Giving a couple weeks and 100 total minutes to someone who just missed half a year of basketball is not a fair chance.

Another aspect to this is that they have to be a bit more patient with Bynum and Varejao too. Both of them can be better players than Rudy Gay, if they get into top shape. Varejao seems to be getting there, we'll see with Bynum.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      I try something:

Rudy Gay + 2014 1st round pick (top 5 protected) for Andrew Bynum and Anthony Bennett.

Low risk high reward move IMO.

Whether we keep Bynum long term or not, just imagine our frontcourt. It's just nasty.

*EDIT* I'm wonderin' if we could get Varejao instead of Bynum. I think it would fit our team more because Varejao can play the 4 spot.

Valanciunas/Varejao/Gray
      Johnson/Bennett/Hansbrough
      DeRozan/Novak/Acy
      Fields/Ross/Stone
      Lowry/Augustin/Buycks
      no way I include a protected first round pick in anything unless it returns a proven star.

This team needs to build through the draft and use restricted free agency to their benefit (i.e. keep players and build with them for 8-9 years).

Comment

Working...
      X