Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 104 - Houston Rockets 110 (F/OT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

The saddest part is a feeling of indifference that has come over me when seeing yet another milestone of futility recorded by the Raptors.

Honestly, I don't even bat an eye anymore.

Comment

• its also sad that pretty much any other team would have easily beat the rockets in that game, even utah. houston were incredibly sloppy all over the place and somehow still managed to win over the raptors. just embarrassing. fun game to watch near the end, but still horribly embarrassing.

Comment

• haha, Gay attempted more shots than Howard and Harden combined (and yet hit less than them combined). Basketball is often simple, the team with the best player usually wins. We simply don't have a very good "best" player right now.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          And don't think the other players don't notice this, too. It's so typical of the way this team has played for years now with most every guy looking out for himself first and foremost. What is so frustrating to me is that Gay and Derozan only pass as the last option and, even then, it's done grudgingly. It's also why no one else wants to pass the ball, you will never see it again...
          Bolded is why DD and Gay need to go asap...they are creating a negative learning environment from which our young players are learning. It happened with DD learning from Bargnani.

If the roster rebuild is to be successful we need to have an extremely strong personality that the other players will follow. I think JV is up to this because he plays the right way, even if we still lose, if we play hard every night and play as a team, then by adding talent into that system, the talent will learn how to be a pro, rather than get theirs...like the Raps are perpetually stuck in

Comment

• One thing that's really irking me right now... Quincy Acy's block on Howard wasn't uploaded as one of the top plays on NBA's channel.
            OG is our king

Comment

• DeMar's post game comment.

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're (still) going to continue to shoot it."

WOW.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                DeMar's post game comment.

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're (still) going to continue to shoot it."

WOW.
                He's probably just echoing what's been said by the coaches too. That's the scary part.

What is it that they say about doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results???

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He's probably just echoing what's been said by the coaches too. That's the scary part.

What is it that they say about doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results???
                  Insanity. Combined with Linsanity = Loss in Houston
                  OG is our king

Comment

• ... Is he pro? I just can't process it.....

Comment

• Video seems to be missing the made 3 at the end of OT?

But wow, that's depressing to watch... glad I missed the first 45 minutes of this one. So many open teammates ignored. So many times he gets the ball in reasonable shooting position, and takes a couple dribbles, waits till the defender gets up on him, and then tries a much more difficult shot than he originally had.

Comment

• Actually after watching that again... Gay only really took a few bad shots.

The guy can't finish around the basket for some reason, and missed a lot of easy looks.

Comment

• This has to be the greatest Game thread in RR history

Im so happy the Rudy Gay era was short
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            This has to be the greatest Game thread in RR history

Im so happy the Rudy Gay era was short
                            Me too. I'm happy we went through our Gay phase quickly
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Oh the memories.

Comment

• LOL Reading through this thread was hilarious!

Haha wow its hard to believe how things changed after the Rudy Gay trade!
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X