Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams that might have an interest in Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapko wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have Deng (so would Thibs) BUT:
    The only way (IMO) this might work is if we expend the deal:
    Deng and Boozer (whom Bulls GM desperately wants to unload, BUT do not want to amnesty) for Rudy, Kyle (someone Bulls could desperately use now that Rose is out) and perhaps Amir. To balance it (our way) -EITHER Mirotic (whom Bulls will likely never sign being over the cap and he is not coming for 2 plus mil per) OR Charlotte first.
    Then we try to resign Deng for 4 yrs and 13-15 mil.
    Thoughts?
    No ways bulls are letting go of deng he can fetch alot more then RUDY shooting star GAY

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      We've done this before, but:

Teams that would potentially be interested in Rudy Gay and conceivably can take him on (players needed to make up money in parentheses):

Cleveland: no true starting SF (Andrew Bynum or Anderson Varajao + Alonzo Gee)
      Charlotte: MKG might not pan out as hoped (Ben Gordon)
      Milwaukee: no true starting SF, Delfino out for the season (Caron Butler + Ekpe Udoh or Carlos Delfino + Ekpe Udoh + pieces)
      Detroit: if they decide to bite the bullet and trade Greg Monroe to move Josh Smith to PF (Charlie Villanueva + Rodney Stuckey)
      Washington: no true starting SF (Nene)
      Houston: badly needs to move out Lin and Asik, could move Rudy or Chandler Parsons to PF (Jeremy Lin + Omer Asik)
      Minnesota: major upgrade at SF, Rudy can actually play some D (Chase Budlinger + spare parts)
      Denver: desperate for scoring (Javale McGee + spare parts)

Teams that have assets Toronto would potentially be interested in:

Cleveland: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Sergei Karasev, their own 2014 first-rounder, Sacramento's 2014 first-rounder on protected basis, Memphis, Miami and their own 2015 first-rounders, lots more picks

Charlotte: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Portland's 2014 first-rounder (protected), Detroit's 2014 first-rounder (protected), their own pick (although this might be tricky to manage)

Milwaukee: Giannis Antekokounmpo, Brandon Knight, their 2014 first-rounder, some second-round picks

Houston: Lin, Asik, their 2014 first-rounder

Denver: Kenneth Faried, Evan Fournier, the better of theirs and New York's 2014 first-rounders (as the worse is committed to Orlando)

Long story short: some teams we can deal with. Others really have to be part of a three-team deal.
      I will put teams in order of:
      a. Likely-hood of need &
      b. Assets that would appeal to us:

1. Cleveland -Desperate to make playoffs, have assets (Varejao or Bynum -no chance if he plays like the other night plus Bennett or 1 of 1st rounders);

2. Charlotte -Again desperate to make playoffs, have assets (Gordon & an asset -MKG would be nice or Byombo or 1 of 1st rounders);

3. Bulls: Deng HAS to go because they will not resign him (unless it is under 10 mil). Let me explain: Iff bulls amnesty Boozer (no chance IMO, because owner too cheep to cut a cheque for 16 mil), resign Deng for same as this year -14 mil -they will have 62 mil to 8 players. Mirotic at mid-level & 5 guys at 1 mil they would be at around 72 mil. Would that be a championship team? I don't think so (very competitive yes).
      Deal: Deng, Boozer & either their (or Cha) 1st or Mirotic for Gay, Amir & Kyle. IMO more competitive this year & still over the cap next.

4. Detroit -Next 3-4 weeks will decide if they stay the course or decide to move Monroe. Clearly we will not get Monroe plus expiring (Charlie V & Stuckey) for Rudy. What do we add that would keep Detroit happy? T Ross? Demar (maybe too much)?

5. Houston -At the moment appear to be unreasonable (they can dream about getting an unprotected lottery pick for Asik). If the price drops -as you said Asik & Lin. What do we do with them? With Val no need for a 15 mil backup next year (Asik). Asik would probably be easy to flip.

6. Bucks -I don't see it. Lottery written all over. I don't think Durant would help them get in playoffs never mind Gay.

7. Washington. What the hell do we want Nene -injury prone?

8. Denver - McGee might be an interesting project (If anybody knows him, it would be Masai). Faried & small parts -not enough $$ going our way. Galinari?

9. Minnesota -Not enough $$ our way.

Comment

Working...
      X