Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams that might have an interest in Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Really thought Novak would have a bigger role. Hasn't happened for some reason.
    Injured.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
      I would just like to point out that the last bubble team that was hoping Gay was the missing piece to push them in the playoffs was.............The raptors. Look how well that turned out. I don't think other GM's forgot a few months later.

We gave up a 2nd round pick, Ed Davis, and a point guard the GM announced eight months earlier he was going to trade by the deadline. Why is it that the majority of trade proposals think we'll get a promising prospect+1st round pick+ veterans to make the money work ? i mean what is this based on ? his All-star/All-NBA/League leading something ? is it his playoff experience of 1 series ? or are we still using the potential to become ......... 8 years into the league ?

I get it, Masai is good, but to pull off some of the trades people expect, i think he might just be waiting for another GM to have a brain fart like the knicks did.

Would that really shock you that much?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I am putting CLeveland at the top of the Gay trade list.

LeBron is looking to bring a MLS franchise to Miami.

He isn't leaving.
        Having said that, a good business opportunity is a good business opportunity, regardless of where LeBron's playing basketball 41 times a year. Cleveland could still be a realistic option for LeBron.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Having said that, a good business opportunity is a good business opportunity, regardless of where LeBron's playing basketball 41 times a year. Cleveland could still be a realistic option for LeBron.
          Very true. LeBron knows that business is global, not regional. Look at his partner in this venture, David Beckham via London - Los Angeles and Miami.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Why the hell would he go back to Cleveland? Sorry but Kyrie Irving isn't that good. Have you ever been to Cleveland? Have you ever been to Miami? I have been to both, one is a shit hole, and one is paradise year round. Lebron isn't leaving Miami for Cleveland, especially when it's still the same owner who verbally shit all over him after he left town.

Seems far more likely to me that the entire big 3 will opt in for their final 2 years and will be the favorite to win the NBA championship each of those seasons.
            Last edited by Primer; Wed Nov 20, 2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Why the hell would he go back to Cleveland? Sorry but Kyrie Irving isn't that good. Have you ever been to Cleveland? Have you ever been to Miami? I have been to both, one is a shit hole, and one is paradise year round. Lebron isn't leaving Miami for Cleveland, especially when it's still the same owner who verbally shit all over him after he left town.
              Hey man, I'm just saying that an investment in a Miami-based MLS team doesn't necessarily mean LeBron is staying in Miami.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                especially when it's still the same owner who verbally shit all over him after he left town.
                I all fairness, that there was counter verbal shittiness, and completely warranted.

Comment

Hey man, I'm just saying that an investment in a Miami-based MLS team doesn't necessarily mean LeBron is staying in Miami.
                  Sure it doesn't, but it certainly makes it seem more likely. The vibe I get is that he will stay in Miami as long as they look like a championship team and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

If LBJ is setting down business roots in Miami the optics/pr of him leaving the Heat (when they obviously would want him to stay) would be horrible for him to leave at least for the length of his current deal. For a high profile venture as a MLS franchise that would plainly be not good business. And what is really the rationale for him to leave and go to Cleveland? Self cleansing? More money? A statue outside the arena? Besides who would stop and buy juice from his wife's stand if he came into town and started dunking over Bosh in Miami?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Besides who would stop and buy juice from his wife's stand if he came into town and started dunking over Bosh in Miami?
                      Bosh is coming back to Toronto

Comment

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Phoenix. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...748#post249748

Comment

I like the thinking Charles, but Phoenix is going to want to suck for another two years, (this year and next) and don't want anyone interfering in the winning department, which Rudy Gay is wont to do on occasion. They have four or five first round picks this year, and 4 first round picks already developing on the squad.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

Wow, that's ridiculous. Cleveland fans are stupid. I know we all have a soft spot for the Canucks in the NBA, but I mean, booing him? 12 games into his career? Most would agree he was a reach as a top pick in a weak, non-consensus draft, and he's working himself back from an injury. Booing seems more than a little harsh and impatient.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Wow, that's ridiculous. Cleveland fans are stupid. I know we all have a soft spot for the Canucks in the NBA, but I mean, booing him? 12 games into his career? Most would agree he was a reach as a top pick in a weak, non-consensus draft, and he's working himself back from an injury. Booing seems more than a little harsh and impatient.
                                That is what happens when the GM/coach/owner hype the team as playoff bound.

I hope they get impatient.

I think you put Rudy and Asik on that team and it is a definite playoff team.

Comment

Working...
                                X