Jack Armstrong: Gay/DD are NOT selfish players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
    We did not stay close in Houston based on their performance because of them but despite their performance. We stayed close thanks to defense and rebounding, especially offensive rebounding. Good luck to Masai trying to trade these guys.
    Couldn't agree more....and to a certain extent, you could say that about the whole season so far. We're keeping games close despite our wretched offensive, not because of it. Our offense is by no means a weapon to be feared.

Comment

Coaching

Comment

Whatever you call it, it's crap basketball and it's a 3-5 team. You can tell Lowry has already said *&$^ it, I'm getting mine. Only a matter of time before everyone else adopts the same mentality.

Comment

They play a selfish brand of basketball but I don't believe they are selfish people. They honestly believe that they are doing what's best for the team right now. Hell, they're probably just following the game plan from Casey.

Comment

I'm still gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that this is just a temporary slump. Maybe its just my eyes but it does seem like both are driving more to the rim, but neither seem to actually be able to finish that well.

Comment

It's a combination of everything..being selfish, over confident, poorly coached, poor team structure, low basket ball IQ, lack of talent. 10 man rotation last night and DD and Gay took 54% of of the feild goal attempts.

Comment

They are SO BAD. To read Demar's comments after the game make me sick. He is in total denial, like they just have to keep playing this way and it will turn around. NO IDIOT: PLAYING THIS WAY IS THE REASON YOU AND RUDY ARE THE MOCKERY OF THE LEAGUE.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think it's at least partly on DC and his stupid "role cards". Gay & DeRozan have scorer cards, so all the non-scorers have to defer to them. Of course, when you give inefficient chuckers the green light, you're bound to get games like last night.

Bad coaching + bad players = bad team

I just hope MU has been watching and has seen enough. I'm not sure what else he could possibly be waiting for at this point.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I just hope MU has been watching and has seen enough. I'm not sure what else he could possibly be waiting for at this point.
                    He's waiting for an offer. Any offer....

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      If he's waiting for anything he's waiting for December 15. That's when free agents signed this year become tradeable and he can use Hansbrough/Buycks/Stone as trade sweeteners.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        He's waiting for an offer. Any offer....
                        Well good luck to him. IMO Rudy killed his whole value with his performance last night. Go for expirings.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Where are all the DeRozan supporters? Let's hear some excuses.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Selfish player is not the same as selfish person. Allen Iverson was both. I don't think these guys are both.

Part of being a high IQ player is recognizing not just what the offence/defence is doing but recognizing the "optimal opportunity" to score. Gay and DD don't recognize when other players are in a better position to score, part of that is their "scorer" mentality. You can get away with that and you are Kobe because, chances are, a contested Kobe shot is still better than some of his teammates in years past (think the pre-Gasol years).

Gay and Demar simply believe they are better than they are. Does that make them selfish or just un-aware? I dunno, it's relatively semantic at this point, but neither player plays a great team offence, so for the purposes of basketball, I would label them somewhat as selfish players. Demar less so than Gay. Being a ball stopper and waving off teammates in good position so you can iso, is a selfish move.

The frustrating part for me is that if they just moved the ball and let the rolling bigs get some touches, the defence would open up more for Gay and Demar, making it easier for them to score. It's like Chinese finger-cuffs, the more you force it, the worse it gets. If you let up and let things be more natural, it becomes much easier to succeed.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Where are all the DeRozan supporters? Let's hear some excuses.
                              He's young.
                              He's "improving"
                              He loves Toronto
                              He's a gym rat
                              He has "potential"
                              He gets no respect from the refs
                              He wants to win
                              He's not paid like a superstar

I think I covered everything....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                He's young.
                                He's "improving"
                                He loves Toronto
                                He's a gym rat
                                He has "potential"
                                He gets no respect from the refs
                                He wants to win
                                He's not paid like a superstar

I think I covered everything....
                                Here is my thing with DeRozan.

I think it was Eric Koreen who said try to make a case for the Raptors to trade for Nash without using the word 'Toronto'

Now....

Try to explain why Raptors should keep DeRozan without the phrase 'love of Toronto'

Bottom line: he is an average player making 2x the average and 3-4 times the median NBA salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X