Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #9: Toronto Raptors 103 - Memphis Grizzlies 87 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    What does a 'pro tanker' really mean though? do you cheer for the Raptors to lose whenever they play?

I mean, i'd love to see the Raps land Wiggins, or Randle or Parker or Exum, or any of the highly regarded prospects dont get me wrong. But no way i watch a Raps game and cheer for them to lose.
    Here here! That shit is such lame new school thinking. I was never programmed to like losing and i wont start now.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Speaking of Hollins. Can't believe he's not coaching an NBA team right now. He's one of the best IMO. Would love to see him coach the Raps next season.
      I can't say I'd be shocked if he got a job, but I'm not expecting him to.

The NBA is trending towards more and greater analytics just as Hollins gave analytics the DX suck it motion. He didn't get let go from Memphis because he was bad at his job, he got let go because he was becoming a barrier to their long term plan.

Comment

What does a 'pro tanker' really mean though? do you cheer for the Raptors to lose whenever they play?

I mean, i'd love to see the Raps land Wiggins, or Randle or Parker or Exum, or any of the highly regarded prospects dont get me wrong. But no way i watch a Raps game and cheer for them to lose.
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Here here! That shit is such lame new school thinking. I was never programmed to like losing and i wont start now.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
        This was being discussed in another thread... I've linked to my response to that line of questioning

LINK: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post245509

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Maybe it's time to "unleashed the power 3". I'd rather watch Acy play 40 mins than see Gay hoist up another 35+ FGA.

Demar will be invisible with Tony Allen on him (I think he'll only attempt 5 shots with likely 5 turn-overs).

Conley vs Lowry is an interesting match-up and it'll be fun to see how JV handles Gasol on the block. Hansbrough throwing down with Z-Bo on the block is worth watching too.
          I choked on my root beer and still have fizz coming out of my eyeballs. I'll be impressed if demar only attempts 5 shots this game.

Also, didn't Tony Allen guard Rudy in preseason? I wonder if they will stick with that. Tho pondexter is no slouch on D

Comment

on a side note, as with any time we play memphis, anyone following stackmack gets to read about how badly she wants to get in bed with Tony Allen

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
              kinda random, but since the knicks are in our division I thought i'd mention it. Looks like the shumpert and faried trade rumours are intensifying. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...t-Faried-Trade
              That's genuinely a terrible trade so I can completely believe New York is doing it.

Comment

At this point, tanking is the only option I see. Why some people want more years of mediocrity is beyond me. Is it that much better to win 35 games instead of 25? The difference there could be Wiggins / Parker / Smart / Randle to an Ed Davis like 13th pick.

At this point, I am rooting for a close game with the raptors losing via the refs or great plays by the opposition in the 4th Q. I hope to see JV, Ross and Amir getting better and performing well in games while Lowry, Gay and DD also play better than they have to boost their trade values.

Trading away established players like Kyle, Rudy & DD is not going to guarantee us a top 3 pick but it gives me a lot more hope than continuing with those 3 on the team, finishing 7th-10th in the east. The Raptors are known as a loser franchise in the NBA and its quite clear not many FAs are coming up here. I really don't see an alternative to tanking 1-3 seasons in hopes of improving our team to be competitive in the playoffs and not just to compete for the 8th seed and the honour of being swept in the first round.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  How about a smaller doable move like a coaching change to start.....
                  I am all for that. Casey is not the worst coach I have ever seen, but he is not even average.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Rudy take his Brick-laying skills back to Tennessee. If only they could stay there...

Comment

Hoping for the same out come to last time we played them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just thought this was funny. If the playoffs started today we would be playing in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          That's genuinely a terrible trade so I can completely believe New York is doing it.
                          Just when I think the Knicks cannot be dumb and delusional at the same time a trade with the Nuggets is proposed. Now, why would the Nuggets be wanting to help the Knicks out when the Knicks owe the Nuggets their 2014 1st rounder and jeopardize it's position.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Just when I think the Knicks cannot be dumb and delusional at the same time a trade with the Nuggets is proposed. Now, why would the Nuggets be wanting to help the Knicks out when the Knicks owe the Nuggets their 2014 1st rounder and jeopardize it's position.
                            Denver gets the better of its own pick and the Knicks.

Orlando gets the worse of the two picks.

Denver is about to start its own tanking mission I think - or at the very least they are going to be in the lottery.

Comment

I hope Denver tries to tank. I'd love to have either Lawson or Gallo on our team. Not sure what it would take to get Denver to bite though...

Comment

Also this is totally unrelated to anything...but I love watching Philly play. So much energy and ball movement. Rookie coach is absolutely killing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X