Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asik has asked for a trade

Sam Amico reports Raptors are HIGHLY interested.

Interesting.
    @sweatpantsjer

Asik clearly said he wants 30+ mins p/g. How he'll get those minutes here?

Comment

So he would play backup center? The Raptors certainly need one. What would Houston want in return? I am trying to imagine Rudy Gay on this team. It could work.

Comment

Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
        Houston gets Gay/Novak
        Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
          So he would play backup center? The Raptors certainly need one. What would Houston want in return? I am trying to imagine Rudy Gay on this team. It could work.
          Asik doesn't want to play backup. Look at the picture (2nd post) and past 5-6 months rumors.

Comment

I wonder if they'd move JV to PF? He certainly has the athleticism and motor to play it. That'd be a bruising front court.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              I wonder if they'd move JV to PF? He certainly has the athleticism and motor to play it. That'd be a bruising front court.
              I think the PF is Amir's to lose. JV would get no minutes with a big rotation of Asik/JV/Amir/Tyler. Plus you have Gay when Casey goes small ball. I really like Asik.. just don't like him enough to hamper JV's development.

Comment

Can someone post a link to where it says the raps are interested, I can't find anything.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  Can someone post a link to where it says the raps are interested, I can't find anything.
                  http://www.foxsportsohio.com/story/n...43&feedID=3725

Rockets center Omer Asik has requested a trade, according to a report in the Houston Chronicle. Asik played just four minutes in the team's loss to the 76ers on Wednesday. While the Rockets aren't looking to deal Asik at the moment, multiple sources said the Raptors are one team that's already highly interested.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
                    Houston gets Gay/Novak
                    Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.
                    Don't know about specific scenario, but this is the likeliest type of reason I can see the Raptors being that interested. Maybe they've already had talks with teams where a C like Asik would help push a deal through.

Comment

The Raptors are interested because it gives them leverage to get Houston's first-round pick this year, and then they get Asik, who other teams covet because he's a top-tier defensive centre. If we're trading for Asik it's most likely because we're going to immediately flip him to another team, a la Memphis flipping Jose Calderon to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye, which got Memphis the piece they wanted.

I can definitely see Cleveland being VERY interested in Asik. They need defense, and Asik is basically a team's worth of D all by himself when he's on the floor.

Comment

More important than whether the Raps are interested is what they have to send back that Houston might want. Only way I can see a deal working is if it's a 3-team trade, because all Houston should be looking for is a PF. If they don't just make a trade for Ryan Anderson and be done with it then I dunno what the hell they're thinking.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          I don't like the idea of JV at the 4. So overall I'm just not interested in Asik if he doesn't want to be a backup C.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think I'd want out of Houston too. With one minute to go and a three point lead, Houston's last two possessions have been shot clock violations. Very raptor-esque

Comment

The reason Asik asked for a trade was because he didn't want to play back up center after breaking out his first season in houston, he kept quiet because they wanted to share the floor with another center but turns out it doesn't work.

How is this interesting for anyone ? Our offensive genius Casey is gonna find a way to make JV and Asik work on the floor together ? We're gonna trust casey who benches JV when the only other center on the team is AAron Gray to not screw up JV's season ?
                              Or is he finally that "one" piece we've been missing for 5+ years to get to the next level. Plus Who cares who do we have for center we don't have an inside game anyways. we're gonna pay him 15+ for 1-2-3 to NOT pass him the ball.

He better get flipped right away because if he ever wears a raptors jersey, I'm done after 18 years, i barely survived the Rudy Gay trade this will just kill whatever i have left.

Comment

Working...
                              X