Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Nice. I like that Morey clearly fucked himself with beyond unrealistic trade demands. What a fool. Not only the deadline, but the stupid firm stance he had earlier of wanting 2 1st rounders for Omer Asik. That's insane.
    If Asik was athletic then he would be worth two late first rounders or pick + players. The contract, lack of offense and athleticism makes him less attractive to contenders.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
      If Asik was athletic then he would be worth two late first rounders or pick + players. The contract, lack of offense and athleticism makes him less attractive to contenders.
      Also everyone knows he has no value in Houston and they wish to trade him.

Comment

Why do you want that package? Just for the pick? I don't really want anything to do with Bass or Lee if Amir is the one going out.
        That pick is unprotected Brooklyn pick. That's golden. BKLYN looks terrible this year and they have zero to negative flexibility goin forward. Definitely a good pick. And lee and bass are ok players expiring soon which means we can flip them for something. Even if its second round piks, it's still worth it. But yea nothing quite like having Amir. It would be a tanking move if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          I love the fact that Morey looks like he's caused Houston to pay Lin and Asik $30M next season. Guy is too "clever" for his own good.
          Asik will get moved. Just not for what Houston wanted. Also, the Lin move wasn't Morey but the owner.

Comment

• What's interesting about this, and I almost saw this coming, is that Houston apparently had a deal on the table they were willing to take, which for some reason is why they put a self imposed deadline ... and now there is no deal.

If I've learned anything from watching Dragon's Den and Shark Tank, is that if you have a good deal, you shouldn't get greedy and hold out for more.
            Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 19, 2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Problem with these "poison pill" contracts is they're great for getting the guy but super shitty if you ever want/need to move him later.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                If Asik was athletic and had offense, he wouldn't be Omer Asik, he'd be David Robinson...And then yes, then he would be worth 2 first round picks easily. He isn't, so he's not. He never would be.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  That pick is unprotected Brooklyn pick. That's golden. BKLYN looks terrible this year and they have zero to negative flexibility goin forward. Definitely a good pick. And lee and bass are ok players expiring soon which means we can flip them for something. Even if its second round piks, it's still worth it. But yea nothing quite like having Amir. It would be a tanking move if it happens.

Don't think the Brooklyn pick ends up that good. Think they will make the playoffs if they can get everyone healthy for a long enough stretch. At best it's a mid 1st rounder I think. They're only 1 game out and could still pretty easily claim our awful division.

Bass has another year fully guaranteed at roughly the same cost of Amir, and if you believe what's come out in these Asik talks, there's basically no market for Bass.

There's apparently even less of a market for Lee, who has 2 more years after this one.

Neither really do anything good for the team or flexibility. Basically trading Amir for more money for a longer period and a mid-1st rounder. The mid 1st rounder isn't bad, but not if you end up having to take on crap to get it. And mid-1st rounders are still not that enticing. As strong as this draft is, it's still a draft, where it's unlikely to find more than role players when you start getting beyond the lottery (or sooner if this draft doesn't end up being so strong), even if you're picking well.

The only tangible 'benefit' is that last part you mention. Losing Amir means losing a lot more games probably.

Comment

Don't think the Brooklyn pick ends up that good. Think they will make the playoffs if they can get everyone healthy for a long enough stretch. At best it's a mid 1st rounder I think. They're only 1 game out and could still pretty easily claim our awful division.

Bass has another year fully guaranteed at roughly the same cost of Amir, and if you believe what's come out in these Asik talks, there's basically no market for Bass.

There's apparently even less of a market for Lee, who has 2 more years after this one.

Neither really do anything good for the team or flexibility. Basically trading Amir for more money for a longer period and a mid-1st rounder. The mid 1st rounder isn't bad, but not if you end up having to take on crap to get it. And mid-1st rounders are still not that enticing. As strong as this draft is, it's still a draft, where it's unlikely to find more than role players when you start getting beyond the lottery (or sooner if this draft doesn't end up being so strong), even if you're picking well.

The only tangible 'benefit' is that last part you mention. Losing Amir means losing a lot more games probably.
                    Fair enough no wonder why Morey turned that package away. I'm just intrigued by first round picks. But I guess it's worth it if we avoid Lee in that package. I mean if Boston is willing to include that first round pick, there gotta be a deal to be made.

Comment

Working...
                    X