Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    that's impossible though, you can't trade picks 2 years in a row.
    Which is why these deals are always every other year. 2014/2016/2018/2020/2022 or 2015/2017/2019/2021/2023
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm not giving up ANY picks for a center that you can't leave in at the end of a game
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        that's impossible though, you can't trade picks 2 years in a row.
        i thought it was pretty clear of a joke but i guess not
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          I'm not giving up ANY picks for a center that you can't leave in at the end of a game
          The Thunder tried Hack-an-Asik last year and it failed miserably because Asik turned out to be pretty clutch with his free throws when it mattered.

Comment

One of the reasons why JV is so valuable and when he gets a post game going with an offence and pg to get him the ball in crunch time....watch out/salivating.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              One of the reasons why JV is so valuable and when he gets a post game going with an offence and pg to get him the ball in crunch time....watch out/salivating.
              Haha I wonder what will happen first, the Raps being in a crunch time situation or JV getting the ball in the post.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Latest rumours tying Asik to Philly as a landing spot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...ik-trade-front

1. Keep your eye on Philadelphia. Front-runner would be overstating it, but the notion that the Sixers are a viable destination for Asik is increasingly making the rounds. And that certainly makes sense given (A) Philly's front office is run by a certified Asik fan in former Rockets exec Sam Hinkie and (B) Philly has a frontcourt player to send back to Houston in Thaddeus Young, whose skill set can click with Dwight Howard's, albeit not as well as seemingly unattainable dream target Ryan Anderson; and (C) there really isn't an Asik for Philly to draft with the high pick it's likely to snag in the 2014 lottery.

2. Can't imagine this is an absolute stance if Houston is really after the best trade it can find this month, but I'm told those rumbles you've heard about the Rockets preferring to ship Asik to the Eastern Conference are indeed true. For all of his offensive shortcomings, Asik is precisely the sort of defensive center who can really bother Howard one-on-one. Better, then, to send him somewhere Dwight would have to face the Turk as infrequently as possible. Atlanta and Milwaukee are thus two more teams to monitor, with the Rockets undoubtedly drawn to Paul Millsap and his cap-friendly contract -- though the reality is you can say the same about a ton of teams -- and what has been described to me as the strong possibility that the Bucks are about to get active on the trade front in the wake of such a poor start.

3. My Grantland pals Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe recently had a compelling podcast discussion offering all sorts of reasons why the better-than-expected Portland Trail Blazers might be moved to try to upgrade from Robin Lopez to Asik at center by offering Lopez and another quality asset in exchange for Dwight's disgruntled backup. All indications at this point, though, suggest that Portland is thrilled with Lopez's impact and not planning to make a run at Asik. Houston is similarly lukewarm on the idea.
                Some thoughts....

-I'm surprised given the way he's shooting that Hawes isn't in this rumour. Not a natural PF, but I thought shooting is what Houston wants for Asik. I could see them having some interest in Young though as well.
                -Odd that Philly would be trading for Asik and give up assets since they drafted a young C (albeit with knee issues) last year. The article says they couldn't get an Asik with this year's pick, and all I can think is "they can afford to pick a non-C since they have holes everywhere"...Oh, and that Asik only has one more contract year left after this, so that seems like a waste to me.

-If Milwaukee is a possibility, does that mean one of their bigs becomes available? Obviously Houston would want Ersan, but would Milly want a frontcourt with Asik and Sanders (and Zaza)? Seems like a strange group to invest so much in.
                -Like that they mention the strong possibility the Bucks will become active on the trade front early. Given how poorly they've started, I could easily imagine very widespread changes to their roster.

-Atlanta seems like a good trade partner, except that they'd lose so much on offence if Millsap was swapped for Asik. Maybe in a bigger deal where the Hawks get some scoring help back as well.

Comment

There aren't many teams in the East that need a center. Boston, Miami, and Philly come to mind. Miami doesn't have the assets for a center like Asik so you can rule them out. Boston might have interest especially since they are locking into that 4th seed (and could want home court in the first round). Philly could be a candidate but they have Noel and Hawes.

If the Philly rumours are true then it doesn't make sense to me either. Neither would a Bucks rumour. Boston makes sense but they don't really have any stretch 4's unless you count Olynyk who I would imagine would be untouchable. Would Houston be interested in Green? Would Boston be interested in a Green/Asik swap? That might work well for both teams.

Comment

Boston has Sullinger

Also how good would Asik look in Miami?? I mean they would have to swap Bosh for Asik+Jones, a third team would need to be included but damn that would be great for both teams

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      The Thunder tried Hack-an-Asik last year and it failed miserably because Asik turned out to be pretty clutch with his free throws when it mattered.
                      But when Philly fouled asik in 2012 he chocked and he was the reason bulls were eliminated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Boston has Sullinger

Also how good would Asik look in Miami?? I mean they would have to swap Bosh for Asik+Jones, a third team would need to be included but damn that would be great for both teams
                        I was thinking the same thing yesterday but I don't miami will do it cause they need scoring from some people not named lebron or wade

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ya also it would be extremely difficult to get the salaries to work, I think the trade hos almost no chance of success

Comment

• Atlanta makes a lot of sense for Asik. Straight up for Milsap, or maybe throw in Casspi since Atlanta needs help at SF. Atlanta could send Houston John Jenkins so they get a young player in the deal. Lots of ways to make it work.
                            Millsap has been playing great though, so I'm not sure if Atlanta will want to deal him.

Comment

• looks like Morey has a 3 team trade in the works

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/...adelphia-76ers
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Is Asik not getting traded ??

We are one day away from Dec 19 which was suppose to be the deadline by Huston to trade Asik and still no moves !!!
                                It has been so quite, not even one trade yet. What is going on ?

Comment

Working...
                                X