Houston Receives:
    Amir Johnson

Toronto Receives:
    Kendrick Perkins
    Jeremy Lamb
    Reggie Jackson
    Mavs or OKC 2014 1st Round Pick
    Houston 2014 1st Round Pick

OKC sheds Perkins' contract while picking up an actually good starting center in the process, while upgrading at backup point guard with Kyle Lowry.

Houston gets Amir Johnson, a guy that can anchor the paint with Dwight, rebound and also stretch the floor pretty well with his jumpshot. Drastically improves their team on both ends of the floor and creates more balance in the frontcourt.

Toronto absorbs Perkins' contract in exchange for two nice prospects and 2 late first round picks in the loaded 2014 draft. Those picks could be used to get one of those late round gems that Ujiri (and the guy we got from the Bucks, forgot his name) are famous for, or packaged in a trade.

The next step would be to ship out Gay from there, but I like the idea of the Raptors running something like

Reggie Jackson
    Jeremy Lamb
    DeMar DeRozan
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Jonas Valanciunas

Would fuel the tank nicely, and I'd like to see what kind of prospects RJ and Lamb could be as well. The deal works on ESPN Trade Machine.

I like this deal, we roll with the lineups and somehow flip Gay for Monroe, Farried, or Lamarcus Aldridge then we are set. Lamb is a good player and will battle for the starting SG spot with T.Ross, this moves DeRozan to the three and I think DeRozan can handle that. Reggie is a decent PG and will become our future PG. Kendrick Perkins could be waived or stick around and become our backup C but i think he will pull a A.Mourning but who cares, we also acquire two good first round picks from both teams.

Comment

I think Amir isn't worth Asik+pick so take the Houston pick away (normally I would say it's the opposite, you'd have to add the pick; but in this case Houston might be getting desperate so fair enough, maybe they'd do a straight swap). Other than that, I really like this idea.

I won't double check if this puts OKC over tax, if it does then obviously it needs some changes.

Comment

Who's gonna play backup SG for OKC after this trade?

Comment

I like it, I was also playing around with the trade machine involving these teams. I think Asik would be a great pickup for OKC and could keep them in title contention, they desperately need a scoring big man that can D as well. Amir would be good for Houston too IMO. Not sure about Lowry in OKC, but if it means getting Asik they may bite. He'd be a pretty good backup. Houston would probably need more coming in than just Amir though, especially if they are giving up a 2014 1st. Leaves Raps in a good position to rebuild too, with Gay and Derozan still available to be moved this trade would really put us in a good spot to acquire more assets later.

Comment

We would make out like bandits in this trade but I can't see this deal happening.

Houston gives up a 1st rounder and Asik for Amir? Asik alone is a better player than Amir. While Amir can hit some mid range jumpers, he really doesn't space the floor that much for them. His best game is around the basket.

OKC really do need an upgrade at the 5 and Steven Adams is not the answer right now. OKC might be willing to consider something like what you proposed. They would need a backup SG as someone pointed out though.

Comment

This is highway robbery!

Comment

I personally think Houston is willing to do Asik + pick for Amir for a variety of reason , namely that they're in a situation where they can and should overpay a bit for guys they like, as they are close to contention, and there are plenty of reasons to suspect that Morey loves a guy like Amir Johnson.

The trickier part of this deal is that I have a feeling that they also be reluctant to deal with OKC, in that they see little reason to help out a very likely western conference rival by trading a guy they desperately need to them.

I suspect they want Asik to either end up in the east, or on a western team that should not seriously threaten them in the playoffs for the next couple year.

Comment

RollingWave wrote: View Post
                  I personally think Houston is willing to do Asik + pick for Amir for a variety of reason , namely that they're in a situation where they can and should overpay a bit for guys they like, as they are close to contention, and there are plenty of reasons to suspect that Morey loves a guy like Amir Johnson.

The trickier part of this deal is that I have a feeling that they also be reluctant to deal with OKC, in that they see little reason to help out a very likely western conference rival by trading a guy they desperately need to them.

I suspect they want Asik to either end up in the east, or on a western team that should not seriously threaten them in the playoffs for the next couple year
                  Damn, good point that I hadn't thought of as I have been trying to come up with a way for OKC to acquire Asik that also involves the Raps.

Comment

Working...
                  X