Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron takes a shot at Rudy?

SI.com wrote:
    James scored 39 points on only 18 shots, Wade's night included a career-best eight steals, and the Heat held off the Dallas Mavericks 110-104 Friday night.

''You give me 37 shots in a game, I'll have 60, 70,'' James said. ''I had 40 tonight on 18 shots. If I get 37 shots in a game, I'm going to put up 60. Easy.''

Thing is, the odds of seeing James shoot 37 times in a game - like Rudy Gay did earlier this week in setting the NBA high so far this season - are quite slim. His career-high is 36. He's only taken 30 or more shots twice since joining the Heat; both of those came in regular-season losses.

Source
    I'd say he very clearly meant to call out Rudy, as no one else has taken 37 shots in a game this season.

Interesting.

Though, what's funny is its probably true.

I think it's hilarious, and maybe Rudy will hear about it and change his game? One can only hope
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

the reporter brought up the 37 shots when asking the question. A lot of people noticed the awfulness that was rudy gay that night.

Comment

Yeah on facebook people were talking about melo... but it's clearly about rudy right here.

Comment

I can only pray that this will Call out Rudy to be more efficient.

Comment

Lebron took a shot at Rudy?
            He should take 37.
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Lebron took a shot at Rudy?
              He should take 37.
              Haha. Good one. Yeah, Rudy will need to take 37 shots back at Lebron to get even one decent dig in.

Comment

Rudy is clearly suffering from Alan Andersontitis and the only cure is Casey telling him to correct it or else restrict his minutes but for some reason Ross gets the blame.

Comment

"Lebron takes a shot at Rudy."

Who else is surprised it wasn't Rudy taking that shot? *Ba-dum-ding!*
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I agree with LeBron though. If he takes 37 shots in a game. There's no question he'll score 60+.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rudy's ineptitude got a lot of national pub this week. Probably more than the Raptors have gotten in a couple years, unfortunately. I listen to a lot of American sports podcasts and more than one referenced Gay's "historic" night.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                        I can only pray that this will Call out Rudy to be more efficient.
                        Well since his '37 Shot Night', he has shot 44% and 46% respectively. If he does that for the rest of the season then we're golden!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          the reporter brought up the 37 shots when asking the question. A lot of people noticed the awfulness that was rudy gay that night.
                          Oh ok, I was wondering this myself but couldn't find it. Still... I think he's very clearly trying to make a statement about his game, and also that of his 'peers'.

Comment

Working...
                          X