Potential trade partners for DeMar DeRozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    One question. Why do you think DD is a good player?
    I remember last year at the preseason scrimmage and there was a pair of 9-10 year old boys watching the warm-ups and they were talking about Demar. He did a big dunk (again, in warm-ups) and they were like "Demar's the best guard in the NBA".

I was impressed that they knew the position and the name, but they've got a long way to go. Sometimes I worry that they are posting here though....
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think it's extremely silly to say Jimmy Butler or Gerald Henderson are better than DeRozan..but just my opinion

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
        I think it's extremely silly to say Jimmy Butler or Gerald Henderson are better than DeRozan..but just my opinion
        I agree, neither are even close. I think we are a little hard on Derozan, and I believe he would flourish in a team oriented system. I think he needs to put more effort on the defensive end, and of course, less ISO on the offensive end. He is a better than average shot creator for his position IMO. But, he is still at best a 3rd option as a starter, and I have argued in the past that he would be pretty good coming off the bench as a go to guy. Problem is, this franchise has hyped him up and put him in a role he isn't suited for, so, is it possible to get him to revert back to more of a support role? I find it hard to believe. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be shopping Derozan under ANY circumstances. He has improved, and the biggest complaint I have is shot selection, which I maintain is as much an issue with how this team plays as it is with Derozan himself. Let other teams come looking, and that should allow for maximum value. And, of course, I believe teams will come looking. Now if he goes, I won't be terribly disappointed, but I would approach moving Derozan with patience.

Rudy, however, is another story. He needs to go IMO, and I think this team gets better without him.

Comment

DeRozan for Gordon (expiring) and a 2014 first-round pick. The Bobcats will be decent this year, somewhere around the lottery but maybe not in it, but that's still a good pick. Gordon is a 13.2 million expiring contract, which we could wait out, or we could trade it for more assets (young platers, draft picks, etc) at the trade deadline. I think people need to be realistic here, DeRozan has an amazing work ethic and is a great guy, but he's not that great of a player. He's a good example of a good player putting up good stats on a bad team.

Comment

I used to be against trading DeRozan, but I honestly just want to gut this team and accumulate as many picks as possible. Leave no remnants of the BC era besides JV.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

look...he's not BAD...but he's not good either. He's just fine.

The point is, like JV and lowry and pretty much everyone else on our team...we are using him the wrong way.

I am just trying to suggest some different ways we could be successful in using him, because this can't continue.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                look...he's not BAD...but he's not good either. He's just fine.

The point is, like JV and lowry and pretty much everyone else on our team...we are using him the wrong way.

I am just trying to suggest some different ways we could be successful in using him, because this can't continue.
                We should've saved our money on Gay and DD and just signed Monte Ellis. That's all we want from our players and that's all Ellis wants too, it would've been a perfect fit.

Comment

Don't know how the salaries will work out, but i'd be stoked if we can trade demar to the kings for mclemore. He's more athletic, already a better shooter than derozan (definitely from 3), and has much more potential than DD. The only thing DD has over him is consistency and exp., which the kings currently need since they don't really have any consistent contributor (DMC can be one if he can keep his head in the game). We can take back some contracts like patterson, salmons or outlaw in return.

Tross can then start at the 2 guard while Mclemore gets acclimated in his first year. This will appease Tross' ego since starting a rookie over him might hurt his confidence, and at the same time this will push him to prove himself.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    Don't know how the salaries will work out, but i'd be stoked if we can trade demar to the kings for mclemore. He's more athletic, already a better shooter than derozan (definitely from 3), and has much more potential than DD. The only thing DD has over him is consistency and exp., which the kings currently need since they don't really have any consistent contributor (DMC can be one if he can keep his head in the game). We can take back some contracts like patterson, salmons or outlaw in return.

Tross can then start at the 2 guard
                    while Mclemore gets acclimated in his first year. This will appease Tross' ego since starting a rookie over him might hurt his confidence, and at the same time this will push him to prove himself.
                    I like the idea of starting Ross. He is an extremely effective defender and has shown great signs of "getting it" in terms of his responsibilities. He can be a FAR better defender than Derozan and is a much better shooter.

Comment

Honestly, with the right kind of team around him I think Derozan has enough of a head on his shoulders to play within a team. But our offense is soooo bad that it basically comes down to either he or Rudy going ISO, so I would assume he's doing what he has to for the team to score. I've seen him be a willing passer, and people like to harp on the fact that the numbers don't show as much improvement as the eye-test does... but if he hits threes at a decent clip (I don't expect this recent rate to continue) he can be a good piece to move forward with.
                      It's Rudy and Lowry I'd try to shop.
                      "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

A shooting guard who's always looking to improve and possesses one of the best post up games in the league, Demar is one of the most coveted SG's in the league. I totally agree that Raps. should take full advantage of this and trade him. The return can be awesome.

Rudy is quite bad offensively but should be in the future plan IMO. He has a very good defensive game and SF's are hard to find. He does have an option next year and if picked up could cost the Raps. a lot but Masai can work out an extension with a back end compensation which might convince Rudy not to pick up the option.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Do you even watch the Raptors play?

Comment

Do you mean trade partners for Rudy Gay?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                              Do you even watch the Raptors play?
                              I don't think you understand the question. Posters were saying that DD is very good and I asked why they think so.

I do watch the Raptors play, but I also watch other teams play and my definition for describing a player as a good starting SG is a just different than what I see from DD.

I honestly don't think he is a good starting SG in the nba, and should probably have worded it as such, instead of asking why posters think he is good, which can imply that I think he is a bad player. I think he can be a good player, as a 6th man and not as a starter.

As a starter, DD just has too many holes in his game. If we are looking to win championships, then we need to get more than what DD brings out of the SG position.

Comment

Working...
                              X