Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting

Let's pretend we're not going to tank, and the organization wants to win now. Do you guys think if the players had a players only meeting, it would help in any way?
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

If im not mistaken, the raptors were 11-18 to start the season back in the last season bosh was here. They had a players only meeting and ended 40-42, despite bosh being out the last few games.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

What would really help is coaching job interview meeting.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Who's going to lead the meeting & say what ?
        Psycho T is the only one who's tasted winning.
        Novak had that run with the knicks last year but that's it.

Comment

i don't think it's about focus. to me players only meetings are for when the team has gone off the rails, like cleveland who expected much better, and we haven't. i think we are one about where they thought we would be right now. have had two ot losses and and are playing respectable defense.

Comment

i just hope gay, derozan and lowry don't hog all the talking time during the meeting

Comment

The Raps actually wanted to win, bench DD, start Fields at SF and slide Gay to the SG. Fields is the best passer and the best off-ball player we have. He is our only chance of running an actual offence with this roster.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

IMO, a meeting would only be beneficial if:

- There is angst in the locker room that needs to be resolved
                - Someone is willing to take charge and lead the meeting
                - The team realizes that changes are required
                - The team feels desperate

Based on sound bites, it seems like the team is content on sticking with their current game plan, and hoping things will correct themselves. There is very little acknowledging of poor decisions (both by the players and coaches).

Comment

I can't see DC body-slamming anyone, ala Sam Mitchell.
                  Therefore, I'm not sure it would accomplish anything.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Based on sound bites, it seems like the team is content on sticking with their current game plan, and hoping things will correct themselves. There is very little acknowledging of poor decisions (both by the players and coaches).
                    This week could change things. If they go 1-2 or 0-3, you can expect Casey to get increasingly desperate. That might stir the pot more than a little.

Comment

It's not the players - the roster isn't that good and the offense they're running is awful. Management and coaching need to take control of what's happening on the floor. Reduce the number of perimeter isos they're running and demand more ball movement and fewer shots from Rudy and DeMar - resort to reducing their minutes or benching if necessary. Run more plays through the post, and somebody run the pick and roll properly with Amir and give the poor guy some easy baskets. Give Fields and Ross enough touches to allow them to continue to develop.

Right now Rudy and DeMar are allowed, by the coaching staff, to do whatever they want on the offensive end. News flash - not only is this system not good for the team, it's not good for Gay or DeRozan, either. Coaches need to be teaching these guys how to play more defined roles and put the team first.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

"We can score at will"

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          "We can score at will"
                          I don't know who this 'will' guy is, but I doubt we could score against him either.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I don't know who this 'will' guy is, but I doubt we could score against him either.
                            Pass it to Will

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                              Who's going to lead the meeting & say what ?
                              Psycho T is the only one who's tasted winning.
                              Novak had that run with the knicks last year but that's it.
                              Novak has a ring though.

Comment

Working...
                              X