Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Masai picked 2016 as the Knicks first rounder for a reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Masai picked 2016 as the Knicks first rounder for a reason?

The man is very smart. I have a feeling that he's got a feeling that the Black Eyed Peas have a feeling that tonight's..whoops I mean the Knicks are going to suck in 2015-16. Carmelo is likely leaving and I bet Masai forecasts an ugly rebuilding period, lining us up with a top 5 pick along with our first. I am convinced that 2016 is the start of the new era and Valanciunas will hopefully be the oldest(and 3rd best) of a new big 3 by then. By the year 2020 (fuck thats a long time) we are title contenders!

Looking way ahead, the Knicks pick could turn out to be our actual franchise player that Bargnani never was. Oh the irony.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Maybe. Or maybe it's just because the Knicks had traded away their 2014 pick already. Therefore the next earliest future pick they could trade was 2016. It does seem to work out pretty well, given that it's hard to see the Knicks being very good at that point, so I hear you on that, but I mean, it was either 2016 or even later...

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure it was scheming on Masai's part. Probably just a case of the Knicks being "this is all we have to offer".

Comment

Still I think the timing is going to be perfect. I'd rather have their 2016 then their 2014.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Still I think the timing is going to be perfect. I'd rather have their 2016 then their 2014.
          Why? Right now they're as bad as they're ever going to be. Carmelo is most likely going to resign, in 2015 they'll be able to get some more quality free agents - they're not going to be a championship team, most likely, but they'll be reasonably good.

Comment

If the Knicks are terrible in 2015 and their 2016 pick is top 5, we wont get it, Denver will swap and we'll get Denver's pick. We need both Denver and NYK to suck equally to get a Top 5 pick.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              Why? Right now they're as bad as they're ever going to be. Carmelo is most likely going to resign, in 2015 they'll be able to get some more quality free agents - they're not going to be a championship team, most likely, but they'll be reasonably good.
              What makes you so sure? The Knicks sucked every year between Patrick Ewing and Carmelo Anthony.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                If the Knicks are terrible in 2015 and their 2016 pick is top 5, we wont get it, Denver will swap and we'll get Denver's pick. We need both Denver and NYK to suck equally to get a Top 5 pick.
                Denver is looking like that is a possibility too.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Denver is looking like that is a possibility too.
                  Possibly, but it does discount the theory that MU targeted that year for a specific reason.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Possibly, but it does discount the theory that MU targeted that year for a specific reason.
                    No it doesn't. He could've been assuming that BOTH the Nuggets and Knicks will be bad in 2015-16 so it doesn't matter if they swap.

Comment

As much as I think 2016 will work out for us, I think it was more of a case of it being the first available pick as opposed to a year that was targeted specifically. That's not a bad thing though.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

So far both sucking this year lol.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          So far both sucking this year lol.
                          Which is bad. We need them to be mediocre this year and trend downwards. A high 2014 pick will ruin the 2016 pick for us.

Comment

Knicks are likely going to suck by then so ya its a good deal

Comment

Working...
                            X