Masai on The Fan - November 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai on The Fan - November 19

I just caught part of it. Usual vague stuff. Did make a point of letting everyone know the significance of dec 15. Also seemed his first complaint was being last in the league in assists. Anyone catch anything else?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...es-on-horizon/
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Didn't he say he's gonna be going to a lot of college games this year?
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

He mentioned that his evaluation on Casey isn't based on wins and losses. It's based on "growth".

Casey is basically here till the end of his contract.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          He mentioned that his evaluation on Casey isn't based on wins and losses. It's based on "growth".

Growth of our lottery chances?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Said he doesn't like the word "tanking", but acknowledged that building through the draft is a sound strategy (along with trades and free agency). Sort of played it safe....

Comment

Yes. Hopefully some trades are made and "growth" is made clear to him i.e. play JV and Ross.

Axel wrote: View Post
              lol

Well he failed last time.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Lol, sounds like he was referring to individual player growth.

Comment

Lol, sounds like he was referring to individual player growth.
                  At this point, I'd argue that the ping pong balls are our best player.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think he knows what his next move is that's for sure and I think Dec 15 is a big day in his mind. I expect him to pull the trigger and show his cards around that time. I don't think this team is good enough and is clearly not built to stay together. I don't think Casey is here next year just because no coach has rarely survived a change in management. The interview felt a bit different than others and he tried to keep things tight but you can sense that he is itching to get going.

Problem is you have the Raptors stuck in the Titanic division. Everybody seems to be sinking so what do you do? Go down with the ship or hover over water for another year and miss out on a monumental draft.
                    Last edited by imaginelino; Wed Nov 20, 2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post

Problem is you have the Raptors stuck in the Titanic division. Everybody seems to be sinking so what do you do? Go down with the ship or hover over water for another year and miss out on a monumental draft.
                      Gotta go down with the ship and hope to god that you're near the bottom when it's over

Comment

I just listened to Colangelo with an accent.

They are all masters of saying nothing. But if anything was said, it was fairly clear.

Tank.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                          I think he knows what his next move is that's for sure and I think Dec 15 is a big day in his mind.
                          I agree, and I think it means one of the following things, in descending order of probability:

1. He has a trade that's 95 percent agreed to which involves Tyler Hansbrough
                          2. He has a trade with Cleveland that's 95 percent agreed to which involves Andrew Bynum
                          3. He has a trade with Milwaukee that's 95 percent agreed to which involves one or more of the 5-6 free agents they signed this year

(By "95 percent agreed to," I mean "both teams are basically agreed in principle but if something happened before December 15 they could change their minds.")

Comment

Thats a lot of thinking.

I try not to think.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              I agree, and I think it means one of the following things, in descending order of probability:

1. He has a trade that's 95 percent agreed to which involves Tyler Hansbrough
                              2. He has a trade with Cleveland that's 95 percent agreed to which involves Andrew Bynum
                              3. He has a trade with Milwaukee that's 95 percent agreed to which involves one or more of the 5-6 free agents they signed this year

(By "95 percent agreed to," I mean "both teams are basically agreed in principle but if something happened before December 15 they could change their minds.")
                              Or it could simply mean that there haven't been any concrete discussions with any team yet, and he expects that to change on, or around December 15th

Comment

Working...
                              X