No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Covenant is terrible and makes no sense.

Please, for the love of God, stop making Alien movies.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Alien Covenant is terrible and makes no sense.

Please, for the love of God, stop making Alien movies.....
      Lol, I'm still looking forward to it.

Critics didn't really care for Prometheus either, but I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Lol, I'm still looking forward to it.

Critics didn't really care for Prometheus either, but I enjoyed it.
        Prometheus is a masterpiece of modern film compared to Alien Covenant.....

For my own comparison, I was lukewarm on Prometheus. Wouldn't recommend it but didn't mind it.

This new movie tries to draw on some of the ideas from Prometheus while trying to fix some of the other issues from the last movie and tying it all together. Eventually they just give up on that shit and Alien chases people down corridors. That's fine but it's all a bit of a mess and confusing as hell if you're trying to follow the story from Prometheus.

I think the biggest problem with these movies is that no one gives a fuck about Alien's backstory, so it's hard to find an interesting story to tell. We didn't have Jaws 7: The Beginning, where we examine Jaws' troubled childhood or Godzilla: Origins. It's just a fucking monster that kills people and blows shit up. Let's go....

Comment

Prometheus is a masterpiece of modern film compared to Alien Covenant.....

For my own comparison, I was lukewarm on Prometheus. Wouldn't recommend it but didn't mind it.

This new movie tries to draw on some of the ideas from Prometheus while trying to fix some of the other issues from the last movie and tying it all together. Eventually they just give up on that shit and Alien chases people down corridors. That's fine but it's all a bit of a mess and confusing as hell if you're trying to follow the story from Prometheus.

I think the biggest problem with these movies is that no one gives a fuck about Alien's backstory, so it's hard to find an interesting story to tell. We didn't have Jaws 7: The Beginning, where we examine Jaws' troubled childhood or Godzilla: Origins. It's just a fucking monster that kills people and blows shit up. Let's go....
          This is why I found Prometheus intriguing. I actually wanted to know how the Xenomorph came to be. Was it genetically developed as a weapon? If so, by who? Was it a chance evolutionary adaptation? If so, what kind or environmental pressures could produce such a beast? What's the species' intentions? Are the aliens intelligent and looking to colonize? Or are they primitive hunters simply looking to feed and breed relying on nothing more than instinct? I mean, what the hell is going on, Ridley Scott? Just tell me!!!

Comment

This is why I found Prometheus intriguing. I actually wanted to know how the Xenomorph came to be. Was it genetically developed as a weapon? If so, by who? Was it a chance evolutionary adaptation? If so, what kind or environmental pressures could produce such a beast? What's the species' intentions? Are the aliens intelligent and looking to colonize? Or are they primitive hunters simply looking to feed and breed relying on nothing more than instinct? I mean, what the hell is going on, Ridley Scott? Just tell me!!!
            Well, this movie makes it all even more confusing, plus there's a few major apparent contradictions between the first movie (Prometheus) and this one.

Comment

. We didn't have Jaws 7: The Beginning, where we examine Jaws' troubled childhood
              haha. now i want this. jaws watches his biggest sibling rival eat more of his other siblings than he was able to consume growing slightly larger at birth and feeding an unquenchable thirst to be the alpha at all costs later leading to his demise when he can't just leave a beach and gets into a dick measuring contest with roy schneider

Comment

• Wonder Woman sitting at a comfy 97% on Rotten Tomatoes from Critics' early look at the film...
                https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/
                Their "Top Critics" have it at 100%.

Great news. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Wonder Woman sitting at a comfy 97% on Rotten Tomatoes from Critics' early look at the film...
                  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/
                  Their "Top Critics" have it at 100%.

Great news. Can't wait to see it.
                  I am going to a sneak preview tomorrow night.... maybe. If I don't get stuck at work.

Comment

I am going to a sneak preview tomorrow night.... maybe. If I don't get stuck at work.
                    That's pretty awesome man. 3 days before release?? Where is this Sneak Preview?? Lol

Stellar reviews continue to roll in, with many claiming DC finally got it right.

Comment

I thought the sneak previews are for women only?

Comment

• This could easily fit into the politics thread, but there's no beating around the bush. People are morons.

Wonder Woman film faces calls for it to be banned in Lebanon. The campaigners want the film banned because its star Gal Gadot is Israeli and served as a soldier.
                        http://news.sky.com/story/wonder-wom...banon-10899483

Comment

I thought the sneak previews are for women only?
                          Slaw showing up for the Movie like...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Slaw showing up for the Movie like...
                            This is offensive to Andrew Garfield.

Comment

• I only dress up on Tuesdays......

Comment

• My full review for WW tomorrow!!!!!!! Spoiler: Gal Gadot still can't act.....

Comment

Working...
                                X