The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    stoked for wonder woman. i hope we don't get any ares. just a good action movie where she kicks a ton of ass. i hope that because she is a woman doesn't become a giant recurring theme. i hope we spend a good amount of time on themescara and the trailers look like we could but it could also be a quick 10-20 minutes while we wait for chris pine to show up and force the story along.

really hope that she murders everyone, don't want her to not kill for a pg rating, but that is what i am expecting.
    Man, that one scene we get a very quick glance of, of her in the fire just MANHANDLING those dudes ... literally. Just fucking throws the guy ... so dope.

And Themyscira appears to bring a little colour to the world as well, which was to see. But again, I'm personally a big fan of the darker "colour scheme" DC has chosen to use so far .. its very "DC".
    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 10, 2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      And Themyscira appears to bring a little colour to the world as well, which was to see. But again, I'm personally a big fan of the darker "colour scheme" DC has chosen to use so far .. its very "DC".
      so far i like the contrast of paradise island's colours with the dark greys of the war scenes. i am really enjoying the dcverse. i think suicide squad tried too hard to be funny and like slaw said, just doubled down on everything that tested well to focus groups. i wanted live action assault on arkam for that movie.

Comment

• Wonder Woman getting some good initial buzz and praise from people that have seen it. Good news.

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-r...itive-reviews/

Comment

• Also, why is Henry Cavill teasing so much Green Lantern stuff??.. if we get a Hal Jordan cameo in Justice League I will hilariously excited.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...-movie-a151054

Comment

Also, why is Henry Cavill teasing so much Green Lantern stuff??.. if we get a Hal Jordan cameo in Justice League I will hilariously excited.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...-movie-a151054
            Yuck. Can't stand hal Jordan. Give us Jon Stewart. He belongs in the lantern core.
            Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun May 14, 2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Yuck. Can stand hal Jordan. Give us Jon Stewart. He belongs in the lantern core.
              Hahah Well I just meant one of them .. but ya, I'd actually prefer to see John Stewart as well ... and since i'm hearing Tyrese is in the running for the role, I guess it will be JS.

Comment

Hahah Well I just meant one of them .. but ya, I'd actually prefer to see John Stewart as well ... and since i'm hearing Tyrese is in the running for the role, I guess it will be JS.
                Idk if Tyrese gibson can play Jon Stewart to be honest lol, I feel like he plays the same character in every movie he's in

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Idk if Tyrese gibson can play Jon Stewart to be honest lol, I feel like he plays the same character in every movie he's in
                  Ya I agree... My vote would be Trevante Rhodes from Moonlight. Dude would be PERFECT.

Comment

• need a good dead pan/straight guy ala the old comedy duos for stewart. if there was any decent actors with actual military experience i would like to see that.

Comment

Guardians is good. Hasselholf steals the show. Really liked nebula.
                      My vote goes to Stallone, who was allowed to recycle his wardrobe from Demolition Man.

Comment

• Well there's 2 cameo's spoiled. :P Lol I had no idea either of those guys were even in it. I was happy with Kurt Russell, but with those guys, they all basically make it an Expendables movie. Lol

Comment

Well there's 2 cameo's spoiled. :P Lol I had no idea either of those guys were even in it. I was happy with Kurt Russell, but with those guys, they all basically make it an Expendables movie. Lol
                          really? the stalone one is getting talk about future appearances.

Comment

• Joss Whedon taking over Post-Production on Justice League after Zach Snyder had to take time off due to his daughters death ...

Pretty tragic situation. But what sucks, is he knew people would try and spin it against JL and WB, and so felt obliged to share this very personal situation publically..
                            “Here’s the thing, I never planned to make this public,” he says. “I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth is … I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.”
                            http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ragedy-1006455

Silver lining I guess though, is that Joss Whedon is a real bro for stepping into a very tough situation, after only being brought in to write. I expect he will honor Snyders vision though.

Comment

Joss Whedon taking over Post-Production on Justice League after Zach Snyder had to take time off due to his daughters death ...

Pretty tragic situation. But what sucks, is he knew people would try and spin it against JL and WB, and so felt obliged to share this very personal situation publically..
                              “Here’s the thing, I never planned to make this public,” he says. “I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth is … I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.”
                              http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ragedy-1006455

Silver lining I guess though, is that Joss Whedon is a real bro for stepping into a very tough situation, after only being brought in to write. I expect he will honor Snyders vision though.
                              I hope not....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I hope not....
                                Everything that I've seen so far for JL has looked stellar, in my opinion. So I'd have no issue with Joss not reworking the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X