No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder woman was good. Actually had a very Snyder/300 feel to the fight scenes. Feels like it is in the same world as man of steel and bvs. Good movie.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      My full review for WW tomorrow!!!!!!! Spoiler: Gal Gadot still can't act.....
      Alot of the critics are saying she carries it ... so that might just be you. Haha And you really have had it out for her for a while now. Lol

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          If that Audience Score holds, it would be higher than any Marvel movie so far ... The critic score is second only to the 1st Iron Man... Not too shabby.

Comment

• Gal Gadot is gorgeous

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Gal Gadot is gorgeous
              Amen brother. She's about as close to my original imagining of an Amazonian Warrior as they could get.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Critic score has since gone up to 94% ....
                https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/

Comment

• Wonder Woman was definitely the best of the DC movies. I really enjoyed it. It isn't a 95% great movie or anything close to that but it's a really good comic book movie and a decent movie compared to movies in general. It's a bit uneven in parts (the beginning part of the movie with her growing up is a bit of a slog) but it picks up once Chris Pine hits the scene and the London stuff through the trenches is all quite good. The ending falls back into the stupid CGI/blue laser, nonsense stuff in most of these movies but it still has enough there tied back to the actual movie to make sense.

The director and writers did a really good job avoiding the usual DC pitfalls. They didn't Nolanize WW. She is actually a legit hero helping people and willing to sacrifice herself for the common man. You know, an actual superhero. Like Superman should have been. She's not some narcissistic, self-absorbed, morose, sociopath. Cause those guys are always fun! They also didn't wash out the movie into greys and blacks. Did you know there's actual colors in the world! And other than some really awful looking slow motion action bits and the stupid Zack Snyder-inspired ending, there's no oppressive, annoying, aggravating, infuriating scenes that clutter up the other DC fare.

Gal Gadot still can't act but this movie is proof you can get a good performance out of a terrible actor if the director knows what she is doing. They do a good job in keeping her on screen with solid performers (Pine, Connie Britton), limiting her dialogue, and not asking too much. She is actually pretty good in the fish out of water/comedy stuff where she looks and talks awkwardly and uncomfortably - probably because she naturally looks and talks uncomfortably, so it fits perfectly.

It's good to see a departure from those awful Zack Snyder movies. They've utilized the Marvel formula here with their own spin and it works really well. It's not in the top tier of recent comic book movies (Guardians, Winter Soldier, Logan, Deadpool, Iron Man) but it compares favourably to most of the others.

Comment

• What are peoples thoughts on these new Planet of the Apes movies? I really liked the first one, and haven't gotten around to seeing Dawn. The new one War for the Planet of the Apes is getting great reviews.

Also, anybody seen Homecoming? Not going to lie, was kind of happy to see it get 2nd place on only it's 2nd weekend to Apes.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      What are peoples thoughts on these new Planet of the Apes movies? I really liked the first one, and haven't gotten around to seeing Dawn. The new one War for the Planet of the Apes is getting great reviews.

Also, anybody seen Homecoming? Not going to lie, was kind of happy to see it get 2nd place on only it's 2nd weekend to Apes.
                      Homecoming was great, Tom Holland nails it. It's a bit kiddish tho, which is to be expected since Peter is only supposed to be like 15. The second planet of the apes was pretty good, wish they kept James Franco in it though. I'm looking forward to seeing the newest one

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on these new Planet of the Apes movies? I really liked the first one, and haven't gotten around to seeing Dawn. The new one War for the Planet of the Apes is getting great reviews.

I haven't seen the newest one but I've enjoyed all of these latest Planet of the Apes films. Although I also enjoyed the first 3 of the original series.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Just saw the newest one this weekend and it was great. I really enjoyed the trilogy and hope they keep it going. Def recommend watching all 3. I read recently that they may expand the story further which would be great.

Comment

• does anyone remember seeing a boomtube on themescara? i only remember seeing the one that molds itself to cyborg in bvs. i also think icky thump is awesome superhero soundtrack music.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

does anyone remember seeing a boomtube on themescara? i only remember seeing the one that molds itself to cyborg in bvs. i also think icky thump is awesome superhero soundtrack music.
                              It makes sense that the Amazonians would be protecting one, and the Atlanteans another, but ya, that's definitely something they haven't mentioned yet, but they haven't really mentioned the Mother Boxes at all yet.

Steppenwolf looks dope as hell.

Ezra Miller as Barry Allen is a match made in heaven.. who'da thunk it.

AND they managed to make Aquaman cool ... one of the hardest things to achieve in movie making history.

Also LOVE how (I think) Steppenwolf mentions there are "no Lanterns" protecting earth.. yet.

Was hoping we'd get a look at Superman, but at least they allude to him at the end there.

Comment

• Oh ya, finally saw Guardians 2 .. thought it was pretty "meh". Funny but meh.
                                Without any spoilers, the part with the giant Pac Man got one of the most audible laughs out of me in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X