The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    At the end, when you finally get a glimpse of him... was I the only one who couldn't controlling yelling out "GODZILLA" in a horribly offensive Japanese accent?

"GOOOOOZZZZEEERRRRRRRAA!!!!"
    I beleive it's actually "Gojira" in Japanese. That's what they yell..I only learned this recently.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      I beleive it's actually "Gojira" in Japanese. That's what they yell..I only learned this recently.
      I did say "horribly offensive"... not "culturally accurate pronunciation"

Comment

At the end, when you finally get a glimpse of him... was I the only one who couldn't controlling yelling out "GODZILLA" in a horribly offensive Japanese accent?

"GOOOOOZZZZEEERRRRRRRAA!!!!"
        Literally exactly what I did.

Comment

I wish my last name was Serra... I'd name my first born son Gord... just so, when he's learning how to walk, I can build a mini city for him to walk through... and I can film video of it while yelling "OH MY GOD!!! ITS GORDSERRA!!!!!"

There's a Youtube cashcow for anybody out there blessed with the last name Serra. You're welcome.

Comment

I wish my last name was Serra... I'd name my first born son Gord... just so, when he's learning how to walk, I can build a mini city for him to walk through... and I can film video of it while yelling "OH MY GOD!!! ITS GORDSERRA!!!!!"

There's a Youtube cashcow for anybody out there blessed with the last name Serra. You're welcome.
            We can only hope Matt Serra has a son and names him Gord..
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I did say "horribly offensive"... not "culturally accurate pronunciation"
              Yeah, but then up til like a week ago. I thought the "horribly offensive" was "culturally accurate".

Comment

this actuallly looks hilarious

Comment

12 Years a Slave.

Warning: Very emotional and not for the faint of heart. A portrayal of historical/cultural significance which must not be forgotten.

A great movie imo.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post

this actuallly looks hilarious
                    I'll admit, when I saw Efron, I was immediately hesitant to even watch the Trailer ... but ya ... looks pretty funny.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      12 Years a Slave.

Warning: Very emotional and not for the faint of heart. A portrayal of historical/cultural significance which must not be forgotten.

A great movie imo.
                      Have you seen the Italian Promotional posters for it? I hear they really convey the true message of the film ... (sarcasm) LOL

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Have you seen the Italian Promotional posters for it? I hear they really convey the true message of the film ... (sarcasm) LOL
                        Omg...no, I did not see that. Brad Pitt must be big in Italy (sarcasm). More like Pitt will sell more tickets than the real star of the film Ejiofor. So much for my point about cultural significance...lol.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Omg...no, I did not see that. Brad Pitt must be big in Italy (sarcasm). More like Pitt will sell more tickets than the real star of the film Ejiofor. So much for my point about cultural significance...lol.
                          Well to be fair, the producers of the film have said it was not one of the approved posters, and the Italian Distributor made them himself. Still, sad to see such a "good message" (I put it in quotes, because its more the history that needs to be shared, than any sort of 'positive' message) overshadowed by something so silly like this. Which apparently it was a pretty big deal.
                          Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 1, 2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Saw American Hustle and The wolf of wall street..both pretty good. But, if you're to see any movie out in theatres right now, it's wolf. Just a beyond hilarious, amazing film. The best Dicaprio-Scorsese collab. and that's saying something.

Comment

Curious what were your guys' favourite movies of 2013? A lot of good ones come to mind (too many to list), but I gotta say the most fun I had at the theatres was watching Pacific Rim. Amazing CGI, great action sequences, just clean simple fun man. It was amazing to watch on IMAX 3D. I know it's not going to win any Oscars or anything lol but again just a fun movie.

Also I don't get all the hate for Man of Steel, I've rewatched my copy a bunch of times and I love it. Sure there are a couple silly plot holes here and there (it is a comic book movie after all), but overall I think Zach Snyder nailed it. Tone, action etc. The scenes with Costner were fantastic. By far the best Superman movie imo. Idk maybe I'm just too much of a Snyder/Superman fanboy.

Comment

Van Damme is back! And completely making fun of himself. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X