No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *by CIA I mean Central Intelligence, of which I have none cuz I cant even get the name right.

Comment

• Anyone see the legend of tarzaan? Is it worth watching

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Anyone see the legend of tarzaan? Is it worth watching
        I did. Meh. An action adventure.. lol. This movie is too boring for my taste.

Comment

• turns out candice wu is a racist and hates the mongolians. can't believe she is allowing the assumption that mongolians are horrible monsters that need to be kept out with giant walls to go unshamed. tired of all this complaining. make a movie yourself that stars who you want it to star. hollywood sees one colour, green. whoever makes the most money is who they give the role to. this movie looks like it is going to be horrible, maybe matt damon can recoup some of their money.

are there any actual indians on this forum? i have talked to many of them who hate ghandi. many indians feel ghandi gets most if not all of the credit for a cause that lasted generations. does she know there is already a ghandi movie? i would be surprised if malala doesn't get a movie though.

tired of all this complaining.

Comment

• Take a pass on 'Morgan'. If you think it looks interesting go watch Ex Machina instead or even Splice, cause it's basically a mash-up of those two movies except for boringness... And Kate Mara is an awful actress.

Comment

• It's not getting the same level of hype The Force Awakens got, but I'm still looking forward to this.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's not getting the same level of hype The Force Awakens got, but I'm still looking forward to this.

I think it will actually be better than Force Awakens.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I know it's blasphemous to go to the movies while the Raptors are playing, but I saw Dr. Strange last night.

It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but thought it was decent. Then again, I find myself saying this about most Marvel movies.

After watching Hannibal, love Mads Mikkelsen as an actor. But thought his character was your basic movie bad guy, with very little depth. Could've easily cast a much less talented actor and achieved the same result.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I know it's blasphemous to go to the movies while the Raptors are playing, but I saw Dr. Strange last night.

It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but thought it was decent. Then again, I find myself saying this about most Marvel movies.

After watching Hannibal, love Mads Mikkelsen as an actor. But thought his character was your basic movie bad guy, with very little depth. Could've easily cast a much less talented actor and achieved the same result.
                    This seems to be the general consensus.....

Comment

• The first reviews for the new Star Wars film have left critics divided.

While Rogue One (out Friday) has an aggregate score of 82 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, many prominent critics – including reviewers for the New Yorker, New York Times, and TIME – have found fault with director Gareth Edwards’ film, calling it among other things “lobotomized” and a “force of habit.”

But despite those negative takes, most critics are praising Rogue One, which rewinds the Star Wars story to before the events of the original 1977 film, focusing on a squadron of rebels who steal the plans to the Death Star.
                      http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/13/rogue-one-reviews

Comment

• Quite strange to describe critics as "divided" when 80%+ agree the film is good. And 37/48 of RT's "top critics" (77%) also give it a fresh rating.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thought I'd bring a bit of a quiz here from the Orlando game thread where we were discussing Dr. Strangelove. Anyone know the commonality between that movie and Rogue One? It does involve something iconic.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• rogue one just opened in china, went to see it. what a hot load of garbage. the god damned pod race isn't as bad as the dark lord of the sith cracking puns. my 10th favourite star wars movie coming in tightly behind the christmas special. the only two good parts were the droid and vader at the very end. the first 30 minutes could have been summed up in a crawl. "then they jumped to this place for reasons and followed that to somewhere else for reasons".

for me to enjoy a star wars movie doesn't take much but this was shit. complete shit.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              rogue one just opened in china, went to see it. what a hot load of garbage. the god damned pod race isn't as bad as the dark lord of the sith cracking puns. my 10th favourite star wars movie coming in tightly behind the christmas special. the only two good parts were the droid and vader at the very end. the first 30 minutes could have been summed up in a crawl. "then they jumped to this place for reasons and followed that to somewhere else for reasons".

for me to enjoy a star wars movie doesn't take much but this was shit. complete shit.
                              HAH I kinda got that feeling from the trailers. Didn't have much desire to go see it. At least we know there won't be a sequel. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                HAH I kinda got that feeling from the trailers. Didn't have much desire to go see it. At least we know there won't be a sequel. Haha
                                If you haven't seen it yourself, do so. I thought it was really well done. Pretty similar in quality (if not style) to Ep 7.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X