No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen the new Alien (Prometheus sequel) trailer? Warning: you may need a change of underwear after watching this.

Comment

• Looks like the same movie as Prometheus. I think they've pretty much done everything they can with Alien.

Maybe Alien vs. Guardians of the Galaxy.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Anyone seen the new Alien (Prometheus sequel) trailer? Warning: you may need a change of underwear after watching this.
        A new movie "Life" (about an alien organism) seems promising. Jake Gyllenhall & Ryan Reynolds in it. Trailer in link....

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/li...ry-1201904729/

Comment

• Going to see Logan tonight. China cut 14 minutes of it. So will have to watch it again anyway.

Favourite movies all time

Return of the Jedi. Luke to jabbas palace is my favourite thing in movie history.
          Braveheart
          Pirates of the Caribbean: curse of the black pearl
          A knights tale
          Dark knight
          Donnie brasco
          Legends of the fall
          Mall rats
          Orgasmo
          Team america
          Princess bride
          Jay and silent Bob strike back
          Blades of glory

Comment

• I watched hacksaw ridge bc it was nominated. Hilariously bad. It's a WWII version of The Passion of the Christ.
            Arrival was great.

Comment

• logan is great. really really good. seems we miss out on all the best violence in china. a bunch of swing fist cut to guy on ground.

really really good. loved it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Anyone seen the new Alien (Prometheus sequel) trailer? Warning: you may need a change of underwear after watching this.

It looks like a proper Alien movie, back to the pants pissing terror of the originals. Can't wait.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  logan is great. really really good. seems we miss out on all the best violence in china. a bunch of swing fist cut to guy on ground.

really really good. loved it.
                  I've heard nothing but good things about it.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Logan was absolutely amazing. A great sendoff for Logan and Hugh Jackman, he's the reason I became such a big wolverine fan.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      I watched hacksaw ridge bc it was nominated. Hilariously bad. It's a WWII version of The Passion of the Christ.
                      Arrival was great.
                      Hilariously bad? Wow. It wasn't a great movie but it was exceptionally well-made, the battle scenes are some of the most urgent, chaotic and violent ever filmed. It calls back to film-making of the past, and that may not be to everyone's taste, but it's an intense, focused and effective movie that's well acted, directed, shot, edited and produced.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        I watched hacksaw ridge bc it was nominated. Hilariously bad. It's a WWII version of The Passion of the Christ.
                        Arrival was great.
                        Arrival had a great plot but it was boring as fuck lol

Comment

• Logan was probably the the perfect Wolverine movie. I didn't realize that James Mangold made some movies I really liked over the years, like Copland, Walk the Line, and the remake of 3:10 to Yuma.

Also the dude really loves Shane, which I'd recommend watching before you see Logan. Not totally necessary but fills out the experience imo.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Rogue One. I thought it sucked....and I consider myself a Star Wars fan. I must've checked my watch a dozen times during the first 90 minutes.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Rogue One. I thought it sucked....and I consider myself a Star Wars fan. I must've checked my watch a dozen times during the first 90 minutes.

Comment

• I finally saw Doctor Strange. Massively disappointing final battle, but all in all, an entertaining ride.

Definitely expect the 2nd one to do things a lot bigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X