No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked Watchmen and suicide squad was very very bad.

Comment

• Watchmen was horrible. Totally terrible adaptation of the comic except for the visuals.

Snyder is only good at visuals. No sense of pace, storytelling, good vs. bad dialogue, tone, etc...

That's why 300 is his best movie. No real story and the comic itself is mostly famous for its art.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm one of the rare fans who really enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS, and thought Suicide Squad was at the very least, entertaining.
        Wonder Woman was fantastic, but I honestly don't think it was head and shoulders above Man of Steel.
        I expect I will really enjoy Justice League. REEALLY looking forward to Aquaman too.

Comment

• Joey, you know you're my boy, right? But you remind me of my sister, who loves every movie ever made

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Joey, you know you're my boy, right? But you remind me of my sister, who loves every movie ever made
            Haha Hey man, I have standards y'know!... I just grew up on a heavy dose of Superman and Batman comics (my dad collected them from when he was a kid even), so it's really hard for me not just geek out and enjoy anything with them in it.

That said, I thought Dark Knight Rises was pretty weak. I 100% prefer Afflecks Batman to Bales. Affleck is my favourite Batman outside of Keaton. Would LOVE it if Affleck did at least one stand alone Batman movie.

And Cavill is the perfect Superman.
            Last edited by Joey; Fri Nov 17, 2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It won't challenge for an oscar, but hot damn is it a blast to sit through. The 2 post credit scenes were fantastic as well. Would definitely recommend for anyone that has even remotely enjoyed the DCEU in the past. And heck even those that haven't.

Casting is so incredibly SPOT ON. Sure the story has a lot to fit in, but I just found it played like a comic book. Really looking forward to the extended version that WB didn't mandate into 120 minutes.

Can't wait to see the stand alone Aquaman and Flash movies. Those characters definitely stole the show. Batfleck was perfect at Bruce and Batman.

Only really one major thing that bothered me, but it's too spoiler-y, so I'll keep that to myself for now.
              Last edited by Joey; Sat Nov 18, 2017, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Justice League is an incredibly wonderful mess! If it was made 20 years ago it would have been the greatest 90s action movie ever. It definitely transports you back in time to the days of Con Air and Demolition Man. And not just the feel. It even looks like a 90s action movie - at least that's where they took the special effects from. It was almost bad enough to be enjoyable. Not quite. But almost. Honestly, it looks so cheap and old that my buddy kept asking when the Wonder Twins were showing up.

The crowd in the theatre I was at loved it though. And, I will say this for it: it was 10x better than the execrable Man of Steel and the mind-numbingly bad Batman v Superman. At least this movie is a superhero movie. They definitely are moving to more of a Marvel feel, right down to the generic, forgettable bad guy (and I do mean generic and forgettable). The tone and style are both very different from the earlier movies, so I don't know how people who like the Snyder movies will feel about this one.

Honestly, I feel bad doing this cause it's like rewarding DC and WB for turning out this garbage but I have to kinda recommend it. It isn't quite mediocre but it's pretty bad and if you like bad movies you'll find enough in here to keep you mostly entertained. 1/5 but with an "almost a movie so bad that it's good" recommendation.

EDIT: And, having seen this, it's no wonder Affleck wants out of this tire fire...

Comment

• Saw murder on the orient express yesterday. I recommend it, not great but it’s a fun movie and it’s very well made. If you appreciate a good whodunnit you’ll like this one.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Saw murder on the orient express yesterday. I recommend it, not great but it’s a fun movie and it’s very well made. If you appreciate a good whodunnit you’ll like this one.
                    The butler

Comment

Saw murder on the orient express yesterday. I recommend it, not great but it’s a fun movie and it’s very well made. If you appreciate a good whodunnit you’ll like this one.
                      I really liked the 2010 version. Have heard mixed things about the new one....

Comment

I enjoyed it too. Not sure why all the bad reviews.

Comment

• Got my Star Wars ticket already!

What I don't understand is that the official release date is Friday, December 15th. Yet, I was able to buy a ticket for a 7pm showing on Thursday, December 14th.

I, a member of the general public, will have completed the movie before it's "officially" released. Weird.

Comment

• The Last Jedi was, in a word, awesome! Go fucking see it....now!

Comment

• Last Jedi was pretty average I thought. Some good scenes and some bad/terrible ones.

Felt Rogue One was much much better.

Comment

• Last Jedi was pretty average I thought. Some good scenes and some bad/terrible ones.

Felt Rogue One was much much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X