The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Curious what were your guys' favourite movies of 2013? A lot of good ones come to mind (too many to list), but I gotta say the most fun I had at the theatres was watching Pacific Rim. Amazing CGI, great action sequences, just clean simple fun man. It was amazing to watch on IMAX 3D. I know it's not going to win any Oscars or anything lol but again just a fun movie.

Also I don't get all the hate for Man of Steel, I've rewatched my copy a bunch of times and I love it. Sure there are a couple silly plot holes here and there (it is a comic book movie after all), but overall I think Zach Snyder nailed it. Tone, action etc. The scenes with Costner were fantastic. By far the best Superman movie imo. Idk maybe I'm just too much of a Snyder/Superman fanboy.
    Ya, I'd say Man of Steel was the movie from 2013 that left the biggest impression on me, and left me wanting for more.
    I don't understand the hate at all. I thought it was near perfect to be honest.

Comment

2014 is going to be a big year me thinks:
      Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 12, 2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

New Christopher Nolan too:

Comment

God damn, even Noahs Ark looks awesome!!

Comment

I could see this movie winning the Award for Greatest Movie of All Time ...

Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett, Liam Neeson, Will Farrell. Geezuz!
            Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 13, 2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Just watched Her. Such a great movie definitely a must watch.

Comment

So Man of Steel 2 aka Superman VS Batman movie got pushed back a year to 2016. That one should be epic. Though I'm still not sold on Affleck as Batman.

Comment

So Man of Steel 2 aka Superman VS Batman movie got pushed back a year to 2016. That one should be epic. Though I'm still not sold on Affleck as Batman.
                  They've casted Wonder Woman for that movie as well:
                  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49502

Gal Gadot from the Fast and the Furious franchise. Interesting choice.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    They've casted Wonder Woman for that movie as well:
                    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49502

Gal Gadot from the Fast and the Furious franchise. Interesting choice.
                    Yea that's a bit of a head scratcher for me. Physically I don't think she fits the role for wonder woman. She's pencil thin. But I guess she could always bulk up. Gal Gadot is beautiful nonetheless.

Comment

Yea that's a bit of a head scratcher for me. Physically I don't think she fits the role for wonder woman. She's pencil thin. But I guess she could always bulk up. Gal Gadot is beautiful nonetheless.
                      Unless they went with one of those "Body Rock" girls, I'm not sure any Actress would really fit the bill.
                      Those girls are crazy! And still easy on the eyes.
                      Mind you, Wonder Woman is supposed to be 'Amazonian', likely implying 6-foot tall type Powerful.
                      I think in order to make her relatable you go with an good-looking girl like Gal.

Comment

If anyone here was considering going to see Lone Survivor, I would highly recommend going. Its a terrific movie.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead .... HUUGE bummer.

I've always though there's someone out there who Celebrities will pay, that will give them a new identity and move them out to some private island where they're all laughing at us .. I know it.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I've always though there's someone out there who Celebrities will pay, that will give them a new identity and move them out to some private island where they're all laughing at us .. I know it.
                            def sad, wow. Great talent lost.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Such a shame that we'll never get amazingness such as these, anymore..

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

At least we still have Paul Giamatti ...

Comment

Working...
                                X