Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    KOTOR 1 & 2 were great.

If there was a Conan remake it couldn't have been that good. I missed it completely.

I think my advantage was I entered the second trilogy with no expectations as to what it should be and instead accepted it for what it was. I'm sure it could have been better but I was happy with it overall.
    I enjoyed the trilogy as well, but felt it could have been better. Eventually I came across the basic theory that I out-lined and it just made way much more sense. Who knows, maybe Disney will redo Ep 1-3 as they should be some day when they run out of other "easy money" film ideas. God knows it would sell.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Taking the KOTR games and converting those to movies would be easy money as well. Especially #1, because that plot twist is HUGE. One of my most memorable moments in gaming.

Comment

Taking the KOTR games and converting those to movies would be easy money as well. Especially #1, because that plot twist is HUGE. One of my most memorable moments in gaming.
        Yeah, they wrote a novel about what happened to Revan after it all; very disappointing book. Hopefully they ignore the book and just build off of the game stories and go from there.

I would have to say that KOTOR was the single most memorable thing in my gaming life, outside of the first time I played Mario/Duck Hunt on NES and SuperMario on SNES.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          He didn't just research it, he had Kip Thorne, one of the worlds leading theoretical astrophysicists, as an Executive Producer, and oversee it and ensure that everything was as close to what we know to be 'reality' as possible.

Fantastic movie. Loved it.
          I really liked the first half of the movie. Thought it was exceptional. The second half was basically a completely different movie, which wasn't as good. I thought it got a little too Star Trek/Star Warsy over the last part of the movie. One thing I really liked was all the fixed camera shots. Felt very realistic.

I also thought there was a little too much exposition in parts. I understand that they needed to explain what was going on but certain scenes were a little much (Without giving it away, the Matt Damon exposition at one point becomes almost silly). I wanted to see the awesome space exploration rather than listen to people talking. But, all in all, really good movie.

Comment

The ending sort of reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
            read somewhere that interstellar was his love lettter to 2001 and other old science fiction movies. makes sense.

i know a lot of people hated it but i loved interstellar, really thought it was one of my favorite movies from last year.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Went to Avengers: Age of CGI over the weekend. Very entertaining. Way too many characters. A couple of the fight scenes are so chaotic you can barely tell what is happening but, all in all, a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to be the poor guy who has to direct the next Avengers movies, though, "Here Bill, just write in 16 main characters, the main story and 79 side-stories, and that should get us through the first 30 minutes". Still, for all its faults, way more entertaining than all those dour, bleak, brooding DC movies.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Went to Avengers: Age of CGI over the weekend. Very entertaining. Way too many characters. A couple of the fight scenes are so chaotic you can barely tell what is happening but, all in all, a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to be the poor guy who has to direct the next Avengers movies, though, "Here Bill, just write in 16 main characters, the main story and 79 side-stories, and that should get us through the first 30 minutes". Still, for all its faults, way more entertaining than all those dour, bleak, brooding DC movies.
                I think it'll be fun once Spider man joins the avengers. I also cannot wait for Deadpool

Comment

• hahahahaha
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Not part of a new movie, but I found this hilarious:

https://youtu.be/IkMPZ7WeDck
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Recent movies I enjoyed: Ex Machina and It Follows.

Saw Mad Max but don't understand the hype. Solid action flick but not even the best film of the year, let alone the decade as I've seen some call it.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Recent movies I enjoyed: Ex Machina and It Follows.

Saw Mad Max but don't understand the hype. Solid action flick but not even the best film of the year, let alone the decade as I've seen some call it.
                        saw ex machina and thought it was full of way too much existential drivel. the moment they started talking about jackson pollocks reasoning for painting was probably when i just tuned out. although i just saw pollocks 'mural' in paris and probably couldn't tell the difference between it and the 'no. 5' they showed in the movie so maybe it just wasnt for me.
                        i think a movie like this has to strike a balance between thought-provoking while still being cinematically entertaining, and i don't think it pulled off the latter well at all.

mad max though. damn that was a sight. what action movie did you think was actually better than mad max this year??

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Recent movies I enjoyed: Ex Machina and It Follows.

saw ex machina and thought it was full of way too much existential drivel. the moment they started talking about jackson pollocks reasoning for painting was probably when i just tuned out. although i just saw pollocks 'mural' in paris and probably couldn't tell the difference between it and the 'no. 5' they showed in the movie so maybe it just wasnt for me.
                          i think a movie like this has to strike a balance between thought-provoking while still being cinematically entertaining, and i don't think it pulled off the latter well at all.

mad max though. damn that was a sight. it has crazy hype and i thought it lived up to it for sure. what action movie did you think was actually better than mad max this year??

Comment

• I watched The Giver the other day.

Why does Jeff Bridges talk like he has marbles in his mouth all the time now?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

mad max though. damn that was a sight. it has crazy hype and i thought it lived up to it for sure. what action movie did you think was actually better than mad max this year??
                              I'm saying people were saying it is the best movie overall, not just best action movie. It's at 25 of the all-time top 250 on imdb. Not that imdb matters, just referring to the overall hype.

Personally in terms of pure action movies I actually enjoyed Kingsman more as a pure popcorn movie. There just wasn't enough character stuff in Mad Max for me to get invested in it.

That said, it did have some great action and a killer score.

Comment

• Might see Mad Max tomorrow night. I saw all the originals and so this one has my interests. It's too bad they excluded Gibson completely though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X