The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    hated castaway. I understand it's widely loved, but I hated the living hell out of it.

back when it came out... my roommate at the time had a copy of it... and specifically only ever played it when he brought girls home, because it was guaranteed to bore the crap out of them... and lead to some boredom boning.
    wait...this is fucking me up. You're saying it's widely-loved. But, that...here i'll just bold the contradicting parts that have now confused the hell out of me.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      wait...this is fucking me up. You're saying it's widely-loved. But, that...here i'll just bold the contradicting parts that have now confused the hell out of me.
      yup... it was widely loved and critically acclaimed... and I hated it... it was boring as shit

and i'll tell you... judging by the amount of times I went into my old bathroom, and my roommate forgot to hit the flush handle when he threw his condoms in the toilet... it bored the shit out of a lot of the women he brought home too

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        yup... it was widely loved and critically acclaimed... and I hated it... it was boring as shit

and i'll tell you... judging by the amount of times I went into my old bathroom, and my roommate forgot to hit the flush handle when he threw his condoms in the toilet... it bored the shit out of a lot of the women he brought home too
        alright, well I liked it and so do most people I know including people of the other gender. But, not everything's for everyone, I guess. haha
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I took my wife to Hunger Games on the weekend. 4/5, better than the first. I never read the books and only watched the first movie the day before I went to the second. I was surprised at how good they were. I was expecting Twilight with bows or something teen angst driven. It was totally different than I expected.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard it be dubbed "Battle Royale Jr."

I've never seen either. So, no idea if that's true..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Comment

I never watched the movie you mentioned. Actually most of it is about life in an Orwellian society... The battle to the death thing is only part of the stories.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I never watched the movie you mentioned. Actually most of it is about life in an Orwellian society... The battle to the death thing is only part of the stories.

I've borrowed the first one from the library. Haven't watched it, yet. Jennifer Lawrence is sexy. Going to watch it by the end of the week, hpefully.

Comment

Battle Royale is FUCKING AMAZING

but the comparisons are almost pointless.. in essence, ya, very similar concepts... but the concept itself isn't horribly original... dystopian future where the masses are entertained by death games isn't exactly a new idea..

and to be fair... the Running Man did it before either of them.

Battle Royale the movie focuses more on the game itself.. Hunger Games seems to focus more on building their world..

I highly recommend the Battle Royale book... fantastic read... I love the movie, but it really does the book no justice

Comment

The Movie Thread

Catching Fire was fantastic. No more shaky camera action and the characters were much more interesting and plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                      Catching Fire was fantastic. No more shaky camera action and the characters were much more interesting and plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the first two books in the series.. watched the first movie after reading the first book and was impressed with how they did it. The second book was much better than the first in my opinion so looking forward to seeing the movie as well. Didn't get a chance to read the 3rd book. My wife loved it, so looking forward to reading it when I get the time.

Comment

Looks pretty epic

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post

Looks pretty epic
                          oohh that looks sick. Def on my must watch list for 2014

Comment

Looks pretty epic
                            Looks pretty alright.

I'll check it out.

I noticed Cranston's barely in the trailer..supposed to be a main character.

Comment

meh...

Comment

Looks pretty epic
                                At the end, when you finally get a glimpse of him... was I the only one who couldn't controlling yelling out "GODZILLA" in a horribly offensive Japanese accent?

"GOOOOOZZZZEEERRRRRRRAA!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X