The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    If you haven't seen it yourself, do so. I thought it was really well done. Pretty similar in quality (if not style) to Ep 7.
    Yeah I liked it too. Different vibe than most - more a guerrilla warfare espionage film than your typical Star Wars. Miek is the first person I know who's seen it and didn't like it (plus it generally has good reviews/scores). Maybe they edited it for the China release and made it worse
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If you haven't seen it yourself, do so. I thought it was really well done. Pretty similar in quality (if not style) to Ep 7.
      God, just saw it again and loved it on re-watch. Most of its issues are improved on the second viewing (early slow bits and jumping around feels like a better pace when you know where it is heading, climax even more exciting without worrying about various logistics that I felt were explained a little later than they should have been).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I liked it more than Episode 7. Probably my favorite action film of 2016.

Comment

• I was not impressed at all by Rogue One. I'd rank it just above Clones and Phantom menace. It's an ok distraction but subpar compared to most of the franchise.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re-watching Jurassic World (on the movie channels). I personally would rewatch all the Jurassic Park movies just because dinosaurs.

I haven't read the books in a while but it really seems like all four movies draw from the two books in some regard with still some key parts left untouched. Testament to how good the books were.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Has anyone seen split? I was really excited about it when I saw the trailers but haven't gotten out to see it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Need ya help lads.

I'm looking for a good, not boring movie in a romantic comedy genre. Any recommendations?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Need ya help lads.

I'm looking for a good, not boring movie in a romantic comedy genre. Any recommendations?
                  This really fun movie called 'Seven'. And its got Brad Pitt & Gwyneth Paltrow. Super Romantic....

Kidding ... Lol

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" or "I Love You, Man". Both are great comedies, that have their redeeming qualities for the women in the audience.

Or the always classic "Princess Bride"?

Or anything with Hugh Grant. He's just so damn Charming.

Comment

• We've already seen the Princess Bride. I love you, Man too.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall looks okay, I guess
                    Last edited by rocwell; Sat Feb 11, 2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

We've already seen the Princess Bride. I love you, Man too.

Try "Knocked Up" w/Seth Rogen. And "Fading Gigolo" with John Turturro & Woody Allen.

Comment

• TBH, 50 1st Dates is also a win depending on how well you handle Sandler.

Also, When Harry Met Sally. ^~^ I grew up watching rom coms.... that's what I get for being the only guy around.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

We've already seen the Princess Bride. I love you, Man too.

Honestly, its one of my favourite comedies. Definitely a go-to for me.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

I don't really like romantic comedies. But we're staying in this Valentine's Day so yeah...

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              TBH, 50 1st Dates is also a win depending on how well you handle Sandler.

Also, When Harry Met Sally. ^~^ I grew up watching rom coms.... that's what I get for being the only guy around.
                              I love Sandler.

Comment

• When Harry Met Sally is like the original hit rom-com. Second that one.

The old ones from the 80's and 90's are actually usually decent, from before it all became a trope.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X