Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th seed in the East? Atlantic Division Leaders? Check and Check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strength of this team will be scouting moving forward.

Weltman and Ujiri got their start there.

Thati s how the Raptors will be built moving forward.

Any and all draft picks appreciated.

Comment

• I appreciate the three intelligent responses above me but let's not forget that Lowry only fetching a second rounder was something that Peanutwazoo arbitrarily came up with to help move his point along.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        I appreciate the three intelligent responses above me but let's not forget that Lowry only fetching a second rounder was something that Peanutwazoo arbitrarily came up with to help move his point along.
        True. An expiring Lowry should have more value than an expiring Barbosa.

EDIT: Plus, when Colangelo traded Barbosa, he wasn't willing to take back any salaries, which must've limited the offers he received. Masai, on the other hand, could afford to take back guaranteed salaries (if/when he trades Rudy).

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
          I appreciate the three intelligent responses above me but let's not forget that Lowry only fetching a second rounder was something that Peanutwazoo arbitrarily came up with to help move his point along.
          My post was made with no consideration to Lowry. Too long have the Raptors traded away second rounders because of Pee-wooz's mentality. This year was the first time we made a 2nd round selection since 2006.

2007 - Ramon Sessions was still on the board
          2008 - Goran Dragic was the pick
          2009 - Jonas Jerebko was the pick. Beverley, Thornton, Budinger, Danny Green all still on the board
          2010 - nothing great available
          2011 - Kyle Singler was the pick, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas on the board
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Non-tankers rejoice!

According to Hollinger's playoff-odd machine, the Raptors have a 72.3% chance of making the playoffs, and only a 1.0% chance of winning the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Comment

• Yup, it dropped from 79% yesterday. A couple more losses will turn those odds around in a hurry.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Non-tankers rejoice!

According to Hollinger's playoff-odd machine, the Raptors have a 72.3% chance of making the playoffs, and only a 1.0% chance of winning the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
                Lucky for us, we don't need to "win the lottery" to come out as winners in the draft

Comment

• I know it's early in the season to scoreboard watch but tomorrow night...knicks vs nets.....someone has to win (I think)

Comment

• From Koreen's National Post Article (http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...ion-really-is/)

"According to Deadspin, the division’s combined winning percentage (32.2%) is the worst in the history of any division in the modern history of North American sports."
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Great night! Mil, Philly, Cha, Det and Chi lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Great night! Mil, Philly, Cha, Det and Chi lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        On the positive side, NY, Orlando and either Utah/Sacramento won, bringing Toronto even closer to fewest overall wins!

Utah winning puts Toronto in a tie for 5th worse, only 2 wins ahead of Milwaukee and Utah.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          On the positive side, NY, Orlando and either Utah/Sacramento won, bringing Toronto even closer to fewest overall wins!

Utah winning puts Toronto in a tie for 5th worse, only 2 wins ahead of Milwaukee and Utah.
                          Yes we can! Yes we can! Yes we can!

#hope
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

And Milwaukee has a stubborn owner, and is trying to get a new arena deal. While it's hard to see them suddenly becoming great, it's easy to imagine them trying to dig themselves out of that hole.

I posted about this in another thread, but really, there aren't that many teams tanking.

In the East, BKL and NYK will be better than they've been, even if they end up mediocre. Boston is playing too well without Rondo, and so it's hard to tell what they'll do, but it looks like at this stage they're fighting for playoffs. Cleveland is aiming playoffs. Other than Boston (who may still be aiming for wins), all the teams currently in the playoff picture in the East are likely trying to stay in that picture. Chicago is a wildcard. They're one more major injury away from tanking by default, probably, but will probably still be better than the bottomfeeders because Thibs is their coach. So really, Philly, Orlando and Toronto (assumign that's the plan) are definitely tanking. All other teams look to be more likely to aim for the playoffs, even the craptastic Bucks.

In the West....well Utah is leading the tank brigade. Tanking harder than anyone else by far. Sacto was the only other team that looked like they might, then they traded for Gay. Don't think it'll vault them into the playoffs, but it will vault them out of the bottom and into "no man's land".

So that's 4 likely tankers at this stage, including Toronto. A bit of uncertainty with some other teams (Boston, Milly). And then lots of teams fighting for the playoffs. Not that crowded a fight for the bottom. It is a lottery, so who knows what happens, but record-wise, shouldn't be too hard to fight for the bottom 5-6.

Comment

• Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                Never liked Stephen A. Smith hahah
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X