3 Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Spot

I'm wondering, if we do trade Gay (please do), who would take over the 3-spot on our team? We could draft someone, but that would likely take another couple of years to develop, unless it's Wiggins or Parker.

One option I really like is going all out this summer for Gordon Hayward. Now, this only works if the Jazz continue to suck, and get one of the top picks, and select Wiggins or Parker. There would be no point for them to have a 10-12 million Hayward sitting on the bench for them, as a back-up 3. We could offer a contract, and I think they would do a sign-and trade, with someone like Amir, Lowry,or DeRozan involved. Another guy could be Deng, but I'd think we'd have to try to trade for him, as the Bulls probably don't want to let him walk for nothing this summer. Any opinions out there? We could always keep Gay, but I'd rather get another, cheaper and more efficient player.

It depends on what you get back for Gay. You essentially platoon the position with a bunch of guys like Fields/Daye/Acy or DD. They could also get a guy from the D-league or make another trade.

I like Hayward, but he's going to be commanding a lot of money.. and you have to offer enough that Utah doesn't match as he's an RFA. Plus you would need that much money in cap space, and the Raptors are well over. The math may still be tight even if they lose both Gay and Lowry. But then they would have to get a PG. There are also going to be a lot of other teams with cap space that could make an offer for Hayward that could beat the Raptors offer.

I just don't think MU is going to be a buyer this summer.

Comment

It's so hard to speculate until we know what this team will look like in the summer.

I don't hate either Hayward or Deng. They both bring good things to the table. But both are complementary pieces, so I don't know how they'd fit in with the roster. Not sure I'd want to invest in Hayward. Could be a some big bids on him, and not sure I like the idea of spending 10+ (likely + ) million on him.

Comment

Depends on what is returned in a Gay trade. Are we targeting a 3 in any trade with Gay? I wouldn't, not with Fields, Acy, Novak and Daye on the team. Are we looking to upgrade the roster or acquire young assets (pick or prospects)? So it kinda depends on what we are trying to accomplish with the trade, and whether its part of a short term or long term plan. At this point, I highly doubt the Raps would be in the position of making demands with regards to Gay...that is, if we are going to move him we may just have to take the best possible offer.

Personally, I'm fine with Fields starting, or with DD trying the 3 and TRoss starting the 2. Thus, I'm not necessarily looking to replace Gay in any trade that's made. I would be happy with picks, prospects and/or expirings.

Comment

whats funny is nobody knows what Ujiri is doing. BC anytime he was thinking about something roster wise it was all over the internet before he did like weeks in advance Ujiri is very hush hush doesn't reveal anything to anyone.

Comment

Depends what the plan is, obviously, but even from an immediate-needs point of view, they wouldn't need another 3 as much as they need a backup PG.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If we trade Rudy, a platoon of Landry/Novak/Acy will provide most of what Rudy provides right now: Novak gives you the threes, Fields gives you the cutting as well as the playmaking that Rudy is capable of but so rarely does, Acy gives you the rebounding and midrange jumper. We don't need an immediate replacement at all.

Comment

serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
                I'm wondering, if we do trade Gay (please do), who would take over the 3-spot on our team? We could draft someone, but that would likely take another couple of years to develop, unless it's Wiggins or Parker.

One option I really like is going all out this summer for Gordon Hayward. Now, this only works if the Jazz continue to suck, and get one of the top picks, and select Wiggins or Parker. There would be no point for them to have a 10-12 million Hayward sitting on the bench for them, as a back-up 3. We could offer a contract, and I think they would do a sign-and trade, with someone like Amir, Lowry,or DeRozan involved. Another guy could be Deng, but I'd think we'd have to try to trade for him, as the Bulls probably don't want to let him walk for nothing this summer. Any opinions out there? We could always keep Gay, but I'd rather get another, cheaper and more efficient player.
                I would ride out Fields, Daye, and Acy this season.

Next year maybe Parker?

Comment

Po!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

But yeah if Gay got traded and we didn't get a SF come in i'd be fine with starting Fields.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      But yeah if Gay got traded and we didn't get a SF come in i'd be fine with starting Fields.
                      Plus, in DC's pursuit of the smallest small-ball possible, there could be lineups with DeRozan @ SF and Ross & SG. I completely agree that Fields could quite easily slide into the starting SF spot (especially if a Gay trade was more about the future than the present).

Comment

I really like landry fields at the 3.

Comment

For the Gay trade, I'd probably want to do it with the Pistons or Cavs. With the Pistons, and this trade has been rumored for a while: Gay+Gray for Monroe+Stuckey+ 1st round pick and maybe anothe second. With the Cavs, it'd be the Gay+Acy for Bynum/Varejao+Bennett and pick(s). I prefer the Pistons one because we get a legit PF with developed offense, and it would allow Amir to become a sort of 6th-man, which I believe can bring out the best of him cause he doesn't have to worry about foul trouble. Also Stuckey is an expiring contract, plus the pick would be good.

Comment

serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
                            For the Gay trade, I'd probably want to do it with the Pistons or Cavs. With the Pistons, and this trade has been rumored for a while: Gay+Gray for Monroe+Stuckey+ 1st round pick and maybe anothe second. With the Cavs, it'd be the Gay+Acy for Bynum/Varejao+Bennett and pick(s). I prefer the Pistons one because we get a legit PF with developed offense, and it would allow Amir to become a sort of 6th-man, which I believe can bring out the best of him cause he doesn't have to worry about foul trouble. Also Stuckey is an expiring contract, plus the pick would be good.
                            Don't confused rumored for a while with raptors republic posters dreaming, the offer was stuckey and villanueva for Gay, no monroe no picks, that's just here on the forums.
                            Cleveland bennett + picks ? really ?

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                              Don't confused rumored for a while with raptors republic posters dreaming, the offer was stuckey and villanueva for Gay, no monroe no picks, that's just here on the forums.
                              Cleveland bennett + picks ? really ?
                              I meant a second rounder for the Cleveland scenario. And those possible trade scenarios were reported in the summer as well, with Monroe in them, and not by Raptor Republic posters.

Comment

Working...
                              X