rudy gay banning stat sheets. wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Hands up, anyone who's having a hissy fit. Me, I think his Rob Ford-ian lack of self-awareness is hilarious.
    So, tell what information you have that he has been studying stats in the dressing room immediately after games.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      So, tell what information you have that he has been studying stats in the dressing room immediately after games.
      None. If anything, I'd guess that he hasn't been, but what does that have to do with this?
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        None. If anything, I'd guess that he hasn't been, but what does that have to do with this?
        ummm, that's what the subject is about, despite some doing their best to turn it into something else that fits their narrative.

Comment

ummm, that's what the subject is about, despite some doing their best to turn it into something else that fits their narrative.
          Irony is from outside perspective, which has nothing to do with the true rationale behind the actions.

The least efficient player, who has put up an historically inefficient game already this season, is the one requesting that stat sheets be banned... come on, regardless of your feelings about the Raptors or Gay, you've got grin at the irony on the surface of such a development! lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Irony is from outside perspective, which has nothing to do with the true rationale behind the actions.

The least efficient player, who has put up an historically inefficient game already this season, is the one requesting that stat sheets be banned... come on, regardless of your feelings about the Raptors or Gay, you've got grin at the irony on the surface of such a development! lol
            You might have a point if I was referring to a few people's expressions of ironic humour. Whatever one's sense of humour is, the "some" people's posts, and there are quite a few, I was referring to are taking it all rather seriously and getting downright angry about a rather sensible, some would even say wise, move. That's what I found humourous.

Comment

The subject isn't about him studying stats; it's about him taking the (as far as I know) unprecedented move of banning score sheets.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

After this game, I bet he's glad that they won't be looking at stats right away.
                OG is our king

Comment

You might have a point if I was referring to a few people's expressions of ironic humour. Whatever one's sense of humour is, the "some" people's posts, and there are quite a few, I was referring to are taking it all rather seriously and getting downright angry about a rather sensible, some would even say wise, move. That's what I found humourous.
                  Fair enough. I found the humor in the situation, but could frankly care less.

Comment

Great timing to ban them stats sheets eh Rudy?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Four Pages!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

POOKA has it right about the hissy fit comment - ill co-sign. Just another example of people over reacting over nothing. Thats what this site is for I guess.

And S.R.,

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Hahaha - did you just look up the dictionary definition of "fan"?

I don't believe in mindlessly cheering for mediocre franchises. There is a lot of negativity on these boards these days, but if you stop and realize we're talking about a sub .500 team that is bottom 3 in a 30 team league over the last 20 years - well, that's a fair indicator of the context and, as far as I'm concerned, a pretty justifiable reason for frustrating people who shell out hundreds of bucks every year to support this club.

Everybody's still a fan - half the stuff on here (especially this thread) is basically tongue-in-cheek. I'm glad there's a conversation and fun to be had whether this team is winning or losing.
                        "I spend hundreds of dollars per year on tickets, I pay good money blah blah blah" Im so tired of people saying that since they pay x-amount of dollars per year that they feel obligated to act and say and complain like whiney b#*$#'s.
                        If you're sick of this team so much than go watch another sport and move on. Ill cheer for this team and support them whether their sub 500, mediocre, top of the division or bottom feeders. Im a basketball fan and any team repping Toronto has my support 100%...thats what I call a 'fan' to hell what the dictionary says.

you got the last part right though. Most things here are tongue-in-cheek and at least most of the fan foolishness is restrained to this site and not elswhere lol

Comment

Working...
                        X