X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Ten Things Rudy Will Ban Next....

10.) Dribbling above the waist

9.) Holding the ball longer than 4 seconds without make a move

8.) Charging into a sea of defenders when someone is clearly open.

7.) Getting stripped after number 8 happens.

6.) Long 2s

5.) Contested Long 2s

4.) Pull up Long 2s

3.) Pull up 3s

2.) Iso 3s

1.) Did I already say contested long 2s?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

There is definitely some irony to this coming from rudy "ball stopper" Gay. However, I guess I'm in the minority here that thinks what he did is positive. Yes stats are important, but the "box score" stats that these players are most likely getting especially because they are stats for only 1 game, aren't likely to allow any one player to analyze them to make better decisions. That kind of analysis needs to come from multiple games and it's something your video guys and coaches should bring to players.

Yes it's a case of the blank paper calling the rice white, but the arguments you guys are pulling out "that it is going to make the team worse" or it's part of a Rudy Gay conspiracy to be the biggest chucker of all-time, are pretty hollow.

Don't get me wrong, I want the guy traded yesterday (for some combo of young talent draft picks and shitty vets on expiring contracts), but shitting on a player for trying address a problem that we've been complaining about since the season started? WEAK SAUCE.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

So Im getting the feeling after reading this and several other threads that RR peoples think Rudy is more concerned about getting his and not concerned about winning?

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
          So Im getting the feeling after reading this and several other threads that RR peoples think Rudy is more concerned about getting his and not concerned about winning?
          Absolutely in my opinion. I know he has the basketball IQ of a rock, but I think he's figured out he's likely not part of this team's long-term plans.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Absolutely in my opinion. I know he has the basketball IQ of a rock, but I think he's figured out he's likely not part of this team's long-term plans.
            interesting....but what makes you say that? has he ever hinted at being with another team? what have I missed?

Comment

interesting....but what makes you say that? has he ever hinted at being with another team? what have I missed?
              Intuition

But that's just the overall sense I get from watching him play. His style is very self-centred (heavy ISO player, doesn't seem like he trusts his teammates).

Just for example, if he was team-based, wouldn't he understand that JV needs to be developed in order for this team to compete? Why would he ignore him every time he has low post position and jack up an ISO pull-up instead?

Oh right I forgot. This team doesn't care about analytics.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I actually think Rudy Gay's a good guy who cares about his teammates, and this was meant to be a genuine attempt at bringing the team together as a single unit. But man oh man is this ironic.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                  I actually think Rudy Gay's a good guy who cares about his teammates, and this was meant to be a genuine attempt at bringing the team together as a single unit. But man oh man is this ironic.
                  Totally agree. No disrespect to you isaacthompson and nothing personal but this site has way too many couch-potato coaches who feel as if they know what goes on behind the scenes and in the dressing room, and they know way more than the coaching staff and personnel. The negativity gets tiring after a while...but I guess if theres a place to vent this would be that place

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    There is definitely some irony to this coming from rudy "ball stopper" Gay. However, I guess I'm in the minority here that thinks what he did is positive. Yes stats are important, but the "box score" stats that these players are most likely getting especially because they are stats for only 1 game, aren't likely to allow any one player to analyze them to make better decisions. That kind of analysis needs to come from multiple games and it's something your video guys and coaches should bring to players.

[B]Yes it's a case of the blank paper calling the rice white, but the arguments you guys are pulling out "that it is going to make the team worse" or it's part of a Rudy Gay conspiracy to be the biggest chucker of all-time, are pretty hollow.

Don't get me wrong, I want the guy traded yesterday (for some combo of young talent draft picks and shitty vets on expiring contracts), but shitting on a player for trying address a problem that we've been complaining about since the season started? WEAK SAUCE.
                    I don't think that's what's being said. I don't think he's going to start putting up 40 shots a game, and I don't think it will make the team any worse (although how such a transparent, limp attempt by a $20 million player to hide his own flaws could ever help team chemistry is beyond me.) I really don't think this will have much of an effect on anything.

To me, it's interesting because it says a lot about his decision making as a human being. If he could think that this could possibly be a good idea, on any level, then his awful shot selection actually starts to make sense (and, to be fair, his effectiveness at the end of games as well.)
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't think Rudy is a bad guy.

I think his heart is in the right place.

It is just hilarious that the guy who is one of the worst players in efficiency stats in the league on the offensive side of the ball is taking stats away from the locker room.

This would have been so much cooler to hear about if, say, Amir or JV or Hansbrough started the initiative.

This is like the office drunk saying all staff socials are to be dry after the Christmas party where he groped 3 co-worked, cursed out a few more, and vomited all over the coat closet.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Rudy is a bad guy.

I think his heart is in the right place.

It is just hilarious that the guy who is one of the worst players in efficiency stats in the league on the offensive side of the ball is taking stats away from the locker room.

This would have been so much cooler to hear about if, say, Amir or JV or Hansbrough started the initiative.

This is like the office drunk saying all staff socials are to be dry after the Christmas party where he groped 3 co-worked, cursed out a few more, and vomited all over the coat closet.
                        Sounds like your office parties are more fun than mine.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Not just the toronto sun now...it's a top story on NBA.com

Comment

This story is on NBA.com now as well, on the Top Stories feed on the main page.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...ov-26/#raptors

I have no issue with banning the stat sheets, I really have no idea how they benefit players or how the absence of the stat sheet may hinder a player, and for me that's not the issue here. The issue for me is that Rudy Gay has that much influence and power in the locker room. The issue is that Rudy Gay is the "leader" of this team. This, to me, is a major problem, and is indicative of how things have been done in this organization for some time. Bring in a guy that supposedly has a lot of talent and give him the keys to the organization. The most talented guy isn't necessarily the best leader. I don't know who the best leader for this team would be, but I am pretty confident in my opinion that it isn't Rudy. How on earth does Rudy get the authority to ban stat sheets anyway? Insanity IMO. A more team oriented player needs to 'nip this in the bud'. If this is indicative of Rudy (and the team) turning the corner to a more team oriented system, then so be it...but I am not buying it.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Not just the toronto sun now...it's a top story on NBA.com
                              and people complain that we don't get enough coverage in the US, lol.

I would pay money to see Charles Barkley discuss this story on live TV.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Totally agree. No disrespect to you isaacthompson and nothing personal but this site has way too many couch-potato coaches who feel as if they know what goes on behind the scenes and in the dressing room, and they know way more than the coaching staff and personnel. The negativity gets tiring after a while...but I guess if theres a place to vent this would be that place
                                Ehhh. I have no idea what goes within management, I'm just here to speculate. No harm done.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X