No announcement yet.

rudy gay banning stat sheets. wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats are too important a tool to simply ignore.

I understand the Rudy's sentiment (I don't think he's maliciously trying to further his inefficient "agenda" here), but it's like saying we're going to ban video sessions in practice.

You're only screwing yourselves by eliminating a learning tool.

Comment

The ONLY player in the league that shouldn't worry about stats is LeBron James.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Best quote: "I just wanted to nip it in the butt." The Toronto Sun: Where Quality Still Matters.
        You know what's bizarre about this? When the story first popped up on the RR homepage yesterday, I'm certain the quote read 'nip it in the bud'. I remember thinking to myself, 'huh, I'm surprised they got the saying right.' But between then and now, it's been changed to the wrong phrase.

Comment

honestly his words would have more weight, if he wasn't the poster boy of shitty stats.

Comment

awwwn, guys why so hard on the kid lighten up, yall hate positivity like no tomorrow hes trying to bring the good vibes into the locker room you know 'unity' 'play as team' 'i dont give a shit bout who scores as long as we win mentality' who feels me ??
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

So many jokes to be made here

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                awwwn, guys why so hard on the kid lighten up, yall hate positivity like no tomorrow hes trying to bring the good vibes into the locker room you know 'unity' 'play as team' 'i dont give a shit bout who scores as long as we win mentality' who feels me ??
                Do you know this to be factual? Excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming this statement is an assumption. Just because a guy "says" all the right things to a reporter doesn't make any of it truth. It's all just too coincidental that a player with such poor stats is banning the stat sheet, (side note: how in the hell is Casey allowing this?) especially with how poor they've been lately. Gay can talk the talk all he wants, but my opinion of his play is that he's a player who only cares about getting "his".

Also, the most ridiculous part of this whole thing is that if he is doing this in an attempt to cover up his poor numbers, he is assuming his teammates aren't witnessing his incessant chucking, nor do they have the ability to look up all the stats outside of the locker room. I think Gay has tons of ability that could be used in an efficient way, but I find this whole situation absolutely laughable.

Haralabos Voulgaris must be LOVING this.
                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

I heard that he's petitioned MLSE to kill the wireless on the premises as well.

And all players on the roster will have to check their cell phones at the gate.

Actually, none of them are allowed to have cell phones at all anymore.

And their home internet connections have been cut.

And their cable.

And they're all undergoing partial lobotomies so they won't be able to read anymore.

Or hear.

Or see.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

good move by rudy! I am glad he did this the team will come together cause of this

Comment

Lol I'm trying to imagine what was said after the Houston game.

"Hey, Rudy! Says here that you took 37 shots and only made 11-"
                      "Wh-What? Stop looking at that!" *takes stat sheet* "From now on, these stat sheets are no longer necessary."
                      OG is our king

Comment

Brand new here at raptors republic, but have been browsing the site for a little while. I see what Rudy is trying to accomplish with this and its good that someone is showing some form of leadership but I think its being approached completely wrong. Why eliminate a valuable tool that can really only help you? doesn't make much sense, especially coming from one of the most notorious chuckers in the league. Can't hold much weight in the locker room. If Amir does the same thing maybe I look at it differently.
                        "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

This is a very poor attempt to save his own ass. And the attempt is coming too late as well. All I can do is laugh.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                            Lol I'm trying to imagine what was said after the Houston game.

"Hey, Rudy! Says here that you took 37 shots and only made 11-"
                            "Wh-What? Stop looking at that!" *takes stat sheet* "From now on, these stat sheets are no longer necessary."
                            This is exactly what happened. You don't think Rudy realizes that his excessive FGA's are being referenced on national broadcasts and in Lebron James interviews? You think he wants that in his own locker room?

Honestly, how can anyone think this is a "team first" move from a guy who is attempting 19.4 FG and making 2 assists per game? He literally gets 1 assist for every 10 shots he takes. Holy sh*t, I would HATE playing with this guy.

Anyone else who has played in the post also knows why JV and Amir already look pissed half the time.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

You guys don't know what Rudy's motives are or how he went about his actions. It's possible they had a nice heart felt discussion and determined it was best for the team. Don't forget these players are human too and they have feelings. I like the move personally but if it was to cover up his own flaws (or if that's what his team thinks) then that is certainly embarrassing.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                                Do you know this to be factual? Excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming this statement is an assumption. Just because a guy "says" all the right things to a reporter doesn't make any of it truth. It's all just too coincidental that a player with such poor stats is banning the stat sheet, (side note: how in the hell is Casey allowing this?) especially with how poor they've been lately. Gay can talk the talk all he wants, but my opinion of his play is that he's a player who only cares about getting "his".

Also, the most ridiculous part of this whole thing is that if he is doing this in an attempt to cover up his poor numbers, he is assuming his teammates aren't witnessing his incessant chucking, nor do they have the ability to look up all the stats outside of the locker room. I think Gay has tons of ability that could be used in an efficient way, but I find this whole situation absolutely laughable.

Haralabos Voulgaris must be LOVING this.
                                It doesn't make it a lie either.

Do we honestly think Rudy was sitting by himself one afternoon thinking to himself "Hmmm... If I ban the stat sheets in the locker rooms after games, I can take as many shots as I want and no one will notice!"? Come on, that's just ridiculous.

Like you said, players can see the stats, they just aren't looking at them right after the game.

I hate this site now, all we do is talk about how bad our team is and how Rudy is full of shit and a chucker and how we should lose every game. Wtf is that?
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X