Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    LOL

This was one of my favourite postings last season!

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
      So you're against rebuilding through the draft. That's fine, everyone has an opinion and lots of ppl here on RR would agree with you.
      So instead of just shitting on one idea, why don't you come up with a solution of your own that will cure this franchise of the mediocrity it's been stuck in for the last 4 years (at least). Because sticking with the players you've got, and adding an MLE player each year has not worked for the Raps.

How do you improve the team?
      To be clear, being against tanking isn't synonymous with being against building through the draft. But to give the simple answer to "How do you improve the team?", like every other contender or champion the past 30 years, through a combination of draft picks, trades, free agents, and coaching. There is not a single 1-2-3 Steps formula, as every champion has been built in different ways, but it is always a combination of all methods of improvement.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
        To be clear, being against tanking isn't synonymous with being against building through the draft. But to give the simple answer to "How do you improve the team?", like every other contender or champion the past 30 years, through a combination of draft picks, trades, free agents, and coaching. There is not a single 1-2-3 Steps formula, as every champion has been built in different ways, but it is always a combination of all methods of improvement.
        That makes it pretty simple to be against tanking, though, doesn't it? Or do you just have a higher standard for the argument against your position than you have for your own position? This team needs to get better. You either have a plan or idea or you don't. If you don't have a plan or idea, then why constantly jump in with criticism when someone does offer an idea or plan?
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
          Of course, there's no simple route to becoming a contender, and of course it's not as simple as striking gold in the lottery and then winning. But that's exactly it: you've got to strike gold in the lottery to even think about taking those other steps. Until you have a star player to build around then it doesn't matter how smart you are with trades, free agents and coaching. And the Raps do not have that star player. Not DD, not Ross, and not JV. They are all good players, and are all getting better. But if they were going to be all-world players, we would know it by now.
          And don't go telling me about how Miami has done it w/o striking gold in the lottery. They drafted well with Wade, and then 6 years later did exceptionally well in free agency. Toronto does not have the same attraction by American players as Miami, Los Angeles, the Texas teams, or even Boston and the New York teams, so don't expect any incredible FA signings unless it's a clear over-pay.
          So, if the plan isn't to deal players to improve draft position/increase # of picks, what are the moves the team can take to dramatically improve for next season? Keep in mind that the team is capped out, the starting PG is a FA, and the pick currently would be 15-20. It looks like more of the same to me, except that the East will probably be stronger next year, meaning the Raps will once again be in the dreaded middle ground that they've been stuck in for 4 years.

Comment

P.S. I feel like I've been having this convo for 5 years now, and frankly I'm pretty sick and tired of it.
            I suppose it's such a hot-button issue this year b/c of the supposed strength of the draft class, and of the fact that the Raps look competitive b/c of the weakness in the East.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              Raptors are talented enough by they are not not smart enough
              Players and coach are not smart enough.

Comment

Working...
              X