No announcement yet.

masai, any chance we can get this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider that a 1:09 minute video of any player's best plays will look like someone you want on your team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...schrode01.html

Now look at his stats this year and see a guy who does everything in the range of extremely poorly to below average. (Asst are right about average, so that is ok, I guess).

Not to say that he couldn't be on his way to being great, but that for now, in less than 150 mp, he is pretty far down on the talent curve.

Comment

MrBlack wrote: View Post
      Consider that a 1:09 minute video of any player's best plays will look like someone you want on your team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...schrode01.html

Now look at his stats this year and see a guy who does everything in the range of extremely poorly to below average. (Asst are right about average, so that is ok, I guess).

Not to say that he couldn't be on his way to being great, but that for now, in less than 150 mp, he is pretty far down on the talent curve.
      This. He isn't doing jack except making the occasional nice pass or dribble move. He can't shoot, and his TOV% and AST% are almost the same (26.4% and 26.7%). But yeah let's make that trade lol.

Comment

Really tho there isn't too much difference between what Schroeder is doing now vs Rondo's first season...With the way DD is playing and the way that ATL's roster is made up I don't think the trade would be the best option for either team. BUT, I do think that Schroeder is a decent gamble to take, if only we had a developmental staff that could work with our young guys..

Comment

The way DeRozan is playing right now, I think he's worth more than a "gamble" on an unproven backup PG.

Comment

At 20 y/o, Rondo was a below average shooter as a rookie, but not nearly as poor as DS. Plus Rondo put up great rebounding numbers, and above average defensive stats, while limiting turnovers to an average amount. So really, there is a big difference between what DS is doing now, and where Rondo started off.

A better comparison (for now) would be Jonny Flynn's last season in the league. That's what you're looking at currently.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The way DeRozan is playing right now, I think he's worth more than a "gamble" on an unproven backup PG.
              Agreed, as I stated in mah post

Schroeder is a project, but has all the physical tools to be a very good defender at the nba level and is just in an adjustment period.

If only we had anyone who has enough trade value/we don't want in order to get him. Thx BC

Comment

Working...
              X