Clear All

• Raptors Starting Lineups

There are rumours swirling that Casey is changing his starting lineups:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=437885

Obviously it is going to be Johnson or JV, so this is how I would see it:

Lowry-DD-Gay-Tyler-JV

But I wanna hear what anybody else thinks. IMAO:
    Lowry-Ross-DD-Tyler-JV
    Why?More touches for JV, Demar has earned it through hard work.
    Bench:
    Buycks-Fields-Gay-Acy-Amir
    Obviously Casey isnt gonna use 10 man lineup every night- but i put it for the heck of it. Here Rudy has the license to chuck up shots as much as he want and can finish off games in the 4th when it is his time.

I'd like to see Hansbrough start over Amir. Amir this year just look lousy defensively and offensively. Like he has no energy.

I also would like to see Ross start over Gay. Gay can come in off the bench and start chucking ala JR Smith. But we all know that's gonna happen.

But i really like to see Hansbrough in the starting lineup.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

As much as I would like to see a Lowry-Demar-Rudy-Tyler-JV lineup I dont think thats what it will be.

My guess: Lowry-Ross-Demar-Rudy-JV/Amir

Comment

I would love to see gays reaction coming off the bench but its not gonna happen coach loves him too much
        what I'd like to see-
        lowry-Ross-Demar-amir-Jv
        what were gonna see-
        the addition of Tyler into the lineup and amir off the bench
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Hansbrough for Amir is an interesting proposition.

Tyler's had a great year thus far, and I agree Amir has looked particularly sluggish (at least compared in comparison to how he normally plays. I think Amir would do well playing as a backup to both JV and Hansbrough.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think the most realistic option is one of Amir or JV leaving the starting lineup in favour of Hansbrough. Could be either one. But I think other than that it stays the same.

Comment

Lowry-Demar-AnyoneButRudy-TH-JV

I say let JV and Demar get their touches. Too bad TH doesn't have a 3 point shot.

Comment

"Lowry-Ross-DD-Tyler-JV" I like it, but DD at 3 worries me on the defensive side. As much as I hate to say it, I'd put LF at the 3 and keep DD at 2 where he seems to be doing quite well this year.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to simply see Hansborough replace Valanciunas. Hansborough is a good glue guy who doesn't need touches and rebounds the ball, while Valanciunas could regain confidence playing in the 2nd unit, as a go-to guy (could be a nice inside-out punch with Ross).

Comment

We may finally get our answer to that one poll that asked how long we thought it would be before Hansborough takes Amir's starting spot.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised to simply see Hansborough replace Valanciunas. Hansborough is a good glue guy who doesn't need touches and rebounds the ball, while Valanciunas could regain confidence playing in the 2nd unit, as a go-to guy (could be a nice inside-out punch with Ross).
                      I agree, I'm guessing JV goes to the bench. No way its Lowry, DD or Gay. Could be Amir, who isn't playing that well, but JV is the bigger liability.

Comment

for me id like to see two lineups

if we go small ball.... lowry, derozan, ross, gay hansborough

if we dont go small... lowry, derozan, gay, hansborough, amir....and jonas sixth man against a shittier second unit

Comment

May as we'll change it up. I know people hate small ball around here, but I am curious to see what Lowry-Ross-DD-Rudy-Amir/JV can do. I think this lineup would at least help them start the 1st and 3rd with a bang, lots of shooters and athleticism. Then sub in quickly for size as needed.

I would also like to see how T looks in the starting lineup. Anyone else think JV could thrive off the bench as the go to option?? Same minutes but different role in the offence?

Comment

That was probably the most inconsequential coaching move ever made.

Comment

can we give it a few more games before we judge this move. I predict big things!
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X