X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way trade with Bulls and Cavs...

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6366472

Works on Dec.15.

We trade Rudy Gay, Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, Aaron Gray, DJ Augustin and Austin Daye for Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng and Andrew Bynum.

Bulls trade Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng for Dion Waiters, Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, DJ Augustin and Austin Daye.

Cavaliers trade Andrew Bynum and Dion Waiters for Rudy Gay and Aaron Gray.

I think there would be a way to get Vareajo instead of Bynum in the same kind of deal.

Would help the Bulls do their small and quick rebuild.

Would get the Cavs their starting SF and get rid of a player that doesn't fit in, while giving more playing time for Bennett at the 4 spot.

Bynum/Valanciunas
    Boozer/Hansbrough/Acy
    Deng/Novak
    DeRozan/Ross
    Lowry/Buycks/Stone

Playoff team.

That's an interesting idea. Do the Raptors really want it? They add a little bit of cap space for next summer, they get a little bit better, and their pick gets worse this year. I think I wouldn't do it.

The Bulls would have to listen. But I'd still rather re-sign Deng and just trade (or amnesty) Boozer.

The Cavs sacrifice any cap space this summer, unless Gay opts out. But they might still do it, I guess.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      That's an interesting idea. Do the Raptors really want it? They add a little bit of cap space for next summer, they get a little bit better, and their pick gets worse this year. I think I wouldn't do it.

The Bulls would have to listen. But I'd still rather re-sign Deng and just trade (or amnesty) Boozer.

The Cavs sacrifice any cap space this summer, unless Gay opts out. But they might still do it, I guess.
      You wouldn't do it for the draft pick? I'm pretty sure anyway we won't get better than a 10th pick. So why not try to win more? Because with this roster they certainly would!

As for the Bulls, I don't think they will be able to re-sign Deng, as they also want to sign Jimmy Butler to an extension, who's more suited to be a SF.

As for the Cavs sacrificing their summer... They won't get any better SF than Gay via free agency, book it. LeBron ain't goin' nowhere.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        As for the Bulls, I don't think they will be able to re-sign Deng, as they also want to sign Jimmy Butler to an extension, who's more suited to be a SF.
        Butler is fine at SG, not sure where that's coming from.

As for the Cavs sacrificing their summer... They won't get any better SF than Gay via free agency, book it. LeBron ain't goin' nowhere.
        Yeah well, Dwight is not leaving Los Angeles, book it.

In the end, it's irrelevant what are their chances, the question is do the Cavs plan on trying. Even if they miss on LeBron, they'll have a ton of money that they could throw at Deng, Hayward, Lance Stephenson or some other free agents. There are plenty of "consolation prizes" that look as good or better than Gay. Heck, if Gay opts out they could target him too.

Anyway, I suspect they'd make that trade. But I don't share your certainty at all. Waiting for the summer would make sense too.

You wouldn't do it for the draft pick? I'm pretty sure anyway we won't get better than a 10th pick. So why not try to win more? Because with this roster they certainly would!
        Or why not move the opposite direction.

Comment

Working...
        X