Canadian Prospects in NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Prospects in NCAA

While everyone is talking about Andrew Wiggins. There are few other canadians boys doing prettty well there teams for example

Nik Stauskaus for Michigan

Oliver Hanlan for Boston College

Tyler Enis for Syracuse

Brady Heslip for Baylor

Kevin Pangos for Gonzaga.

Check there stats and the canadians will realise that its not only wiggins but alot more to come. Pleae mention if i have missed someone who could be good NBA prospect and his haveing a good season

khem Birch at UNLV and Dwight Powell at Stanford are two other guys that will get a look in the NBA, Dwight is projected to go early second round and Birch is a middle second round projection....both for 2014.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      khem Birch at UNLV and Dwight Powell at Stanford are two other guys that will get a look in the NBA, Dwight is projected to go early second round and Birch is a middle second round projection....both for 2014.
      What year are they in? Does it make sense for them to stay an extra year and make it to the bottom first round?

Comment

Don't forget about XRM. Not sure what's going on between him and Florida State, but I hope he 's able to hit the court soon.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Powell is a senior and was the PAC 12 MIP last year, Birch is a redshirt Junior after tranfering from Pitt, UNLV seems to be down this year and his defense may get hiim a look. Birch could use another Year.

Also look at Jordan Bachynski a senior from Arizona state averaging 14 ppg 10 rpg and 4 blocks, he is from Ablerta.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Don't forget about XRM. Not sure what's going on between him and Florida State, but I hope he 's able to hit the court soon.
            I think is it what is going on with him and the NCAA, don't think we will see him play this year.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't think Heslip has the size or quickness to be in the NBA. Good shooter though!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Most of the real NBA prospect guys are already listed, but here's a few other guys that are contributing on good teams:

Melvin Ejim and Naz Long at Iowa State - An ESPN article earlier this year talked about Ejim as a guy who could spend a couple years in Europe and then maybe make it to the NBA eventually.
                Dyshawn Pierre at Dayton - One of the leaders on what's turning out to be a surprisingly good team early this year.
                Laurent Rivard at Harvard - His numbers have dipped this year.
                Sim and Tanveer Bhullar, Renaldo Dixon, and Daniel Mullings are all at NMSU - Mullings is having a great season as a senior. I believe Tanveer is redshirting, and 7'5 Sim Bhullar is continuing to improve... he made a lot of improvement last year, but still has a ways to go to reach the next level.
                Malcolm Duvuvier is a freshman with Oregon State, who's probably got 3 or 4 years in college ahead of him, but could emerge as an NBA prospect at some point.
                Also, remember Kyle Wiltjer? He transferred to Gonzaga and is sitting out this this year, hoping to follow in Olynyk's footsteps. He was once a top 30 recruit, so maybe he can get back in the mix.
                Justin Edwards had a great season with Maine last year, and will sit out this year before playing with Kansas State next year.

I also keep tabs on Oregon, Wichita State, and Missouri, each of which are top teams that have a couple Canadians as important bench players. By my count, 9 of the current AP top 25 teams have Canadians playing a major role.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...k-like-a-freak
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think is it what is going on with him and the NCAA, don't think we will see him play this year.
                    I don't understand this situation, I thought they just red-shirted him since they are deep at that position.

There are even more Canadians doing well that might not get NBA consideration, but are worth following.

Mullings - NMSU (Bhullar if you swing that way)
                    D. Ennis - Villanova
                    Post - Missouri
                    Ejim - Iowa State, Long is on the team too.

Can't think of any other Canadian who is featured on their team, but we are everywhere.

Also, Birch is a bust I doubt he gets drafted.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Tyler Ennis at Syracuse could be a lottery pick in 2015.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Tyler Ennis at Syracuse could be a lottery pick in 2015.
                        Agree i think ennis should stay one more year and improve on his draft slot. Even though he had a great game today with 17 points 8 Ast 7 reb and 4 stl
                        Last edited by yukhan1980; Wed Dec 4, 2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Powell is a senior and was the PAC 12 MIP last year, Birch is a redshirt Junior after tranfering from Pitt, UNLV seems to be down this year and his defense may get hiim a look. Birch could use another Year.

Also look at Jordan Bachynski a senior from Arizona state averaging 14 ppg 10 rpg and 4 blocks, he is from Ablerta.
                          Jordan Bachynski, where would he be picked in this draft? Averaging a double-double and 4 blocks a game.

Chad Ford He's intriguing. He's already 24 years old which scares the crap out of NBA people. (You're old if you are 21 or older in the NBA draft). But at his size and with his mobility, he's going to get a look in the second round.

Comment

Oliver Hanlan with 18 points 8 reb and 3 Ast toady

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              I don't understand this situation, I thought they just red-shirted him since they are deep at that position.

There are even more Canadians doing well that might not get NBA consideration, but are worth following.

Mullings - NMSU (Bhullar if you swing that way)
                              D. Ennis - Villanova
                              Post - Missouri
                              Ejim - Iowa State, Long is on the team too.

Can't think of any other Canadian who is featured on their team, but we are everywhere.

Also, Birch is a bust I doubt he gets drafted.
                              Other guys getting big minutes are Murphy Burnatowski at Colgate, putting up 15 and 4 with over 2 assists and 1.5 steals per game and Manny Arop at Indiana state, scoring 11 a game, but had found his 3 point shot again and hitting over 50% from down town on over 3 attempts per game.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X