Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Toronto is also receiving LA's 2014 pick. Would you rather have two 2014 picks or one 2014 pick and one 2015 pick? There is risk there in that the 2015 pick could be worse than the Lakers 2014 pick.. but that's why we get the chance to swap picks in 2016.

Just a hypothetical of course.. I would personally rather have two lottery picks in 2014 when the draft is expected to be loaded.
    but so then all were really doing is trading our 2015 pick for the lakers 2014 pick. which may offer some upside

but were also trading Lowry for Nash and the right to swap picks in 2016.

that second trade looks ugly
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• As long as we get LA's 2014 pick i'm good to go

Comment

• It is probably blinded homer glasses here but because i) I can't see Masai trading Lowry for the sake of moving him, ii) GS have no draft picks for a looooong time, and iii) GS currently sitting outside of playoffs possibly getting desperate, I really hope Lowry goes there and Masai can extract Harrison Barnes.

It seems silly but i) GS are in win now mode, ii) Barnes doesn't play a lot when AI and KT are, iii) Green is likely to be a better fit long term due to his defense and 'intangibles', and iv) weakest part of GS right now is backup PG (they are really missing Jack).

*fingers crossed*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          It is probably blinded homer glasses here but because i) I can't see Masai trading Lowry for the sake of moving him, ii) GS have no draft picks for a looooong time, and iii) GS currently sitting outside of playoffs possibly getting desperate, I really hope Lowry goes there and Masai can extract Harrison Barnes.

It seems silly but i) GS are in win now mode, ii) Barnes doesn't play a lot when AI and KT are, iii) Green is likely to be a better fit long term due to his defense and 'intangibles', and iv) weakest part of GS right now is backup PG (they are really missing Jack).

*fingers crossed*
          There would be some justice in us getting HB given what happened with 2012 draft.

Comment

It is probably blinded homer glasses here but because i) I can't see Masai trading Lowry for the sake of moving him, ii) GS have no draft picks for a looooong time, and iii) GS currently sitting outside of playoffs possibly getting desperate, I really hope Lowry goes there and Masai can extract Harrison Barnes.

*fingers crossed*
            I wouldn't get your hopes to high on that idea, given that Warriors could get half the PGs in the league plus more for Harrison Barnes but let's say that MU pulled off a Miracle and we got Barnes

Would your draft target change from Wiggins/Parker to Smart/Exum/Randle?

Comment

*fingers crossed*
              Wow, you really like Barnes huh? I just can't see GS going for this if they can't re-sign Lowry as a backup. He wants the coin and the spotlight.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Okay, here's a Lowry thought, going back to Phoenix:

Toronto sends: Kyle, Psycho T and Novak
                Phoenix sends: Emeka Okafor, Ish Smith and Dionte Christmas plus a 2014 pick

If we could pull that off, that would be a fine deal. Ish Smith is a waste of a bench spot, Dionte Christmas is a prospect who may or may not pan out (give him a lot of burn, see if he pans out) and we're taking $16m of expiring or non-guaranteed salary - Okafor's contract alone can be a major asset on draft night if we try to snag another pick. Phoenix, trying to compete, turns Okafor - who won't play this season - into the final piece of a pretty freaking loaded backcourt (Bledsoe/Dragic/Lowry) plus a hustle big and Novak, who will be fed threes like nobody's business on Phoenix.

Comment

• Lowry's value is going higher and higher IMO if he continues to play like this.

Right now, the only way i trade Lowry to the Knicks is if Tim Hardaway is part of the deal along with a 1st round pick of course.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Knicks have to be getting desperate. Another home loss to the depleted grizzlies today. In the review in the Post, they talk about JR Smith playing pg for a stretch. I wonder if the fact that we have a home and home coming up the Knicks affects any timing of a trade. Getting tougher to see home go after his video bomb with derozan

Comment

• What is taking so long for this deal? The longer he waits, the closer to FA and the less he gets. Who is going to give up anything for Lowry when they can just wait to the end of the year and sign him as a FA?

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                        What is taking so long for this deal? The longer he waits, the closer to FA and the less he gets. Who is going to give up anything for Lowry when they can just wait to the end of the year and sign him as a FA?
                        Ummm, any team that wants a talented PG for their playoff run and doesn't want to commit to paying them beyond this year? The market for Lowry will only increase as we get closer to the trade deadline, assuming he stays healthy. Doesn't make sense to trade him now unless someone is going to significantly overpay for him, and it seems like New York is digging in their heels about not overpaying.

Comment

• Ujiri is just waiting to get Barnes.... I can feel it lol

After Wednesday’s game against the Mavericks, I asked Green if this team had more defensive potential since he and Iguodala had played so little time together (116 minutes total) and he said "yes" before quickly giving praise to other teammates as defenders. In fact, the Warriors have given up 86.4 points per 100 possession in those 116 minutes Green and Iguodala played together (via the incomparable www.nbawowy.com), a sparkling stat in an acknowledged small sample size.

While Iguodala and Green playing together could work, I am more intrigued by playing Green increased minutes with the remaining starters while Iguodala is out. Despite not being the all-around player of Iguodala at this point and likely ever, Green can more effectively replicate the flow and feel of Golden State’s best five man unit so far this season. Green’s ability to defend 2-4 can be used to protect Thompson a little more on defense and allow him to shut down an opponent’s second-best perimeter player rather than chasing around whoever their shooting guard happens to be.

http://www1.realgm.com/article/23108...rgency-Of-Now/

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                            What is taking so long for this deal? The longer he waits, the closer to FA and the less he gets. Who is going to give up anything for Lowry when they can just wait to the end of the year and sign him as a FA?
                            For the last damn time.

The NBA is not NBA 2K, you cannot just make a trade whenever you want. The OTHER TEAM needs to also want to make a trade with you, for your player, and at that time.

There are a number of reasons why a deal potentially couldn't have happened yet:

- The Knicks aren't ready to make a deal for Lowry yet
                            - The Knicks current offer is not adequate in Ujiri's eyes
                            - Ujiri is exploring other, potentially better options
                            - Ujiri has decided not to deal Lowry (unlikely)
                            - And many more

You don't work in the front office, so calm down and just wait to see what happens.

Comment

Ujiri is just waiting to get Barnes.... I can feel it lol
                              I hope you are right. I would really love Barnes in a raptor uniform.

Comment

Ujiri is just waiting to get Barnes.... I can feel it lol
                                Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes, Barnes.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X