Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry for Brandon Knight lol

Comment

Bump
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lowry is a good tank driver though.

Lowry for awesome picks, or nothing

Comment

What about Lowry for 'Po?

Comment

Rolling with Knight at PG is no good and Po could be a solid starting 3 in the future if we don't get a top pick.

Comment

Udoh or Ridnour would have to be added for salary.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                No, I don't see a 1st coming for Lowry.
                If UM would be happy with just 2nd round picks, then trading lowry to contender would be a piece of Cake. Lowry has a very reasonable contract and off the bench is a great player.

Comment

Lowry and Daye for Nash's knees and Lakers 2014 first pick

Comment

dont think the Lakers can trade their first because they traded their 2015 pick. I could be wrong on that point
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

^^^ that is correct.
                      How much of Amir's contract of 7 million for next year is a guaranteed money ?

Comment

Trading Lowry? Why?

Why should we trade Lowry right now? I know that he's playing really well and that he would be easy to trade, but, so is LeBron. I mean, why should we always trade our players when they are playing well? Personally I really like how the team is built right now.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Hayes
                        Johnson/Patterson/Novak
                        Fields/Salmons/Daye
                        DeRozan/Ross/Stone
                        Lowry/Vasquez/Augustin

I think the best thing we could do is sign both Lowry and Vasquez to contract extensions, so we have 2 good point guards long term. Vasquez is really good but he's nowhere near Lowry's caliber. I don't think this would start a PG debate again, and they will complement each other very well.

P.S: Right now, Lowry is averaging near 15 points, 7 assists and 2 steals!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Why should we trade Lowry right now? I know that he's playing really well and that he would be easy to trade, but, so is LeBron. I mean, why should we always trade our players when they are playing well? Personally I really like how the team is built right now.

Johnson/Patterson/Novak
                          Fields/Salmons/Daye
                          DeRozan/Ross/Stone
                          Lowry/Vasquez/Augustin

I think the best thing we could do is sign both Lowry and Vasquez to contract extensions, so we have 2 good point guards long term. Vasquez is really good but he's nowhere near Lowry's caliber. I don't think this would start a PG debate again, and they will complement each other very well.

Lowry is SG in a PG's body. Stats are overrated. Sure his numbers are decent, but like most are inflated because we're a terrible team. Lowry would be a back-up on most NBA teams. He isn't the floor general you want to lead your team moving into the future, let alone a reabuild. Vasquez could and should start now, but long term would likely be a better back-up should he remain a Raptor and Masai is able to identify a stronger starter. (via trade or free agency next summer)

Comment

Lowry trade talks heating up all over Twitter. Hes going to earn a contract somewhere and create a PG controversy.

Comment

Johnson/Patterson/Novak
                              Fields/Salmons/Daye
                              DeRozan/Ross/Stone
                              Lowry/Vasquez/Augustin

I agree that the team is built well for 40 wins. But 40 win teams don't win titles. Even with that lineup we are nowhere near the top tier teams in the nba. MU has been given strict direction from TL to win a championship and the team as currently constructed is nowhere near that.

As far as I'm concerned every one is up for grabs if the haul is right. As much as I like JV he is a long way from being the all star people think he can be, and while I'm happy to keep him and develop him, if the right trade comes around I'll be glad to watch him go. As much as 5's are important in this league depending on the style you play they aren't always THAT necessary. Like I said I like JV I hope he stays but when ur this bad for this long no one is safe.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Right, but will Lowry be putting up those numbers in 2016 (and beyond) when we're finally ready to field a competitive roster? Smart money says no.

Cash in now.

Comment

Working...
                                X